Healthy snacks and getting buff

by tsunami_rid3r 37 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hey, don't even worry about getting fat man. Jog MAX three day's a week. Just do that plan consistently and EAT, EAT, EAT. Try to avoid processed foods and sugary drinks and you'll be fine. You're at a great age to really start seriously training.

GBL

• doogie
    doogie
    If you want to gain muscle mass, you will need to eat lots of protein.

Designer Protein is a pretty good one. inexpensive, mixes up well and tastes pretty good. it has a good amount of protein per serving too (don't do more than about 15 grams per serving, 30g or so a day. otherwise you'll scare the ladies off with some amazingly bad gas).

slim fast is a good breakfast if you don't have a lot of time. i keep my fridge stocked with slimfast and boiled eggs (i'll eat one yolk for every 3 eggs. the yolk has some nutritional value, but almost all of the vitamins and protein are in the white. the yolk is super fatty.) i'm not sure how much cooking you'll be able to do at college, but salmon is a great fish. it's very low in mercury as opposed to cans of tuna which is chock full of the crap. if you're into it, you can buy what's called Scottish Salmon which is thinly sliced and you actually eat it right out of the fridge on a sandwich or crackers or whatever. it's actually pretty tasty.

oh, also, like GBL said, eat constantly. eat on a schedule rather than when you're hungry. i eat a meal every 3-4 hours. i'm never hungry but never full and your body processes the calories much more efficiently. good luck!

• doogie
    doogie

oh, one more thing. if you're like me and have a hard time putting on weight, you might want to give creatine a try. read up on it first, but i've had great results.

creatine is a protein found in red meat, but most heavy lifters tend to limit their red meat intake. plus, to get the amt of creatine you take in during your first week supplementing you'd have to eat an entire cow per day. it's not dangerous, but you do need to drink extra water while on it to help your liver and kidneys process the extra creatine (you should do this regardless, but especially if you're supplementing with creatine, protein...or pretty much anything including vitamins). you'll put on size and weight IMMEDIATELY (no joke), but a lot of it is water weight which will go away when you stop taking the creatine. the creatine combines to form ATP in your muscles which will allow you to do more weight/reps than you normally would. the ATP absorbs tons of water which is why you put on so much weight in your first week. the water will make your muscles appear much bigger (hey, at least you'll look good, even if it's only water), plus it will help your muscles to heal faster after your workout.

wait until you're nice and steady with your training schedule before you start to see the best results, and then go for creatine monohydrate, unflavored, non-instantized (non-instantized means it doesn't dissolve so keep stirring while you're drinking. the instantized has been *extra* manipulated in a lab and you don't want that. same reason you should go for unflavored). i get the generic Pro Performance brand from GNC (a month's supply is about $10). mix one teaspoon creatine, and one teaspoon sugar in a glass of water (the sugar gets the creatine into your system quicker and you'll digest less of it). i cycle it (month on, 2 months off) just because i don't want to tax my liver any more than necessary.

like i said, read up on it. you'll feel more in control and you'll be confident that it is abolutely not even slightly dangerous (just make sure to drink, drink, drink...water that is).

• kls
    kls
    oh, also, like GBL said, eat constantly. eat on a schedule rather than when you're hungry. i eat a meal every 3-4 hours. i'm never hungry but never full and your body processes the calories much more efficiently. good luck!

You guys are good TSU, remember to exercise or all you will do is gain to much weight with all the calories you will consuming and you may have to try different protein drinks ,some people cannot tolerate certain makes and believe me you will know ,but you will learn by elimination which one your body can tolerate.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I would suggest a balanced diet.

Primarily, a diet highly focussed on several servings daily from the four major food groups, Chips, Salsa, Pizza and Beer.

Rub a Dub

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Beef Jerky. Full of protein, hardly any fat.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

i'm just so scared of getting fat. i use to be fat like 160lbs when i was younger. of course i just ate fast food and didnt exercise any. but still im just paranoid where i'll eat minimum and run everyday. im about to go do my 3 mile run right now, but i'll use the workout plan once i live on campus where the equipment is available.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

also what kind of cereal should i get?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Eat oatmeal and eggs for breakfast. Lemme know how its goin' brother.

GBL

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

ok heres my weight training plan, most likely to start at the end of this month once im on campus and remember im a poor college student:

diet: apples, oranges, mixed nuts, healthy cereal, chicken, yogurt, zinc tabs, water, energy drinks, vagina monday: jog in the morning at 7am, day 1 exercises in the evening

tuesday: rest

wednesday: jog in the morning at 7am, day 2 exercises in the evening

thursday: rest

friday: jog in morning at 7am, day 3 exercise in the evening, only 1 class that day so the weekend begins

weekend: party

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit