Healthy snacks and getting buff

by tsunami_rid3r 37 Replies latest jw friends

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

first of wouldnt i look sexy being buff at height 5'2? when i live on campus im going to its rec center everyday if time permits. so i need a work out plan to get buff. eating habits and work out routines.

and whats a healthy snack to give me energy but wont make me get fat. i only weigh 125lbs. i ate 3 slices of cheese pizza and a few garnola bars today. also ate a few red gummi bears and im about to popcorn. i also take multivitamin in the morning to help me grow taller b/c being short sucks. this worker at the gas station called me "kid". wtf. and i dont think girls like short guys or guys shorter than them or something along those lines.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    first of wouldnt i look sexy being buff at height 5'2?

Oh HELL yes. Yummy. Especially if you do brain-crunches, too.

and whats a healthy snack to give me energy but wont make me get fat. i ate 3 slices of cheese pizza and a few garnola bars today. also ate a few red gummi bears and im about to popcorn.

Cut way back on the cheese – high in fat – and cut back on the granola bars – high in fat and sugar. The popcorn's a good idea, especially if you don't drown it in butter. Go for fruit instead of candy whenever you can. (Can you keep apples and oranges in your dorm room?)

Start reading the nutrition labels on packaged foods! To keep energy levels high, your diet should be about 60% complex carbohydrates – that means whole grains and beans. Eat something with beans in it every day or so, and switch from white bread to whole-grain bread. Consistent exercise itself will raise your energy level. I'm a fat old lady, and I noticed a distinct rise in energy level about a month after I began biking 2 miles a day; and I wasn't attending to my diet at all at that point.

At 18, you may still have some growing left to do, so don't get fanatic about cutting back calories just yet.

i also take multivitamin in the morning to help me grow taller b/c being short sucks.

I learned this from a nutritional biochemist: boys who are short for their age are likely to have a zinc deficiency. One of the few side effects of lotsa whole grain is that it tends to lock up zinc so you can't use it. Make sure your multivitamin includes 100% of the RDA for zinc, and you should find yourself growing taller within a few months. My son started doing this at 15 - height 5'2" or so - and was 5'6” within a couple of years. Even though you’re already 18, this is significant: I married my husband when he was 19, and he grew 2 inches in the first few years of our marriage. Zinc or no, you’re not quite done growing yet.

This assumes that you're getting enough protein. If you have animal protein or beans at every meal (as so many Americans do) you are almost certainly getting enough, maybe even more than you need.

Start reading about "health food." You don't have to become a vegetarian, although it wouldn't hurt; just read about it. Vegetarian diet books will help you learn a hell of a lot about nutrition quickly and painlessly.

i dont think girls like short guys or guys shorter than them or something along those lines.

You're dating the wrong girls. I love me some little vest-pocket mens.

gently feral

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

whats RDA? on the label it says each tablet contains ....zinc 100%...

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

"Recommended Daily Allowance."

gently feral

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Try mixed nuts; preferrably the mixed nuts without peanuts ( they are not really nuts but legumes) they have fat, but that suppresses the appetite between meals and they have protein. That is what I snack on and I am on a low carb diet and it works; I have lost over 10 pounds so far; and protein helps build muscle.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

ok lots of nuts and fruits. the vitamins are good to go. what should i drink? i've been drinking water, lemonade occasionally, diet soda, alcohol occasionally, and coffee. i plan on running everyday as ive been doing, 3 7-8 minute miles. what work outs should i do?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I can send you a workout plan that will get you results fast, provided you stick to it consistently. PM me if you want it. Plus, your diet is total shit man if you're trying to put slabs of muscle on.

GBL

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

ok PM me that plan, just i dont want to get fat. i just ate a bagel with low fat strawberry cream cheese.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

If you want to gain muscle mass, you will need to eat lots of protein. Whey protein is good, as is soy protein. These come in powders that you can drink with milk or juice. If you can get your hands on a juicer, you can make your own smoothies. Good juicers can be a bit pricey, but if you hit the thrift shops, you will should find a really good deal on one. You can buy bulk fresh fruits and veggies at a farmers market which will allow you to buy a lot, for a fraction of what you would pay in a store, especially if you go towards the end of the day when they have to get rid of what they have left. I have bought 50 pound bags of apples and carrots this way, and can sometimes get away with spending $15-$20 for over 100 pounds of fresh fruits and veggies.

If you opt for juicing, there are some really good combos-ie; carrot-apple juice, pear-mango, etc. Throw in a banana, and you have an extra thick, rich smoothie, loaded with potassium. You can also make your own veggie drinks, and when they are freshly made, put V-8 to shame.

Yogurt is good too!

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

i'll go with the yogurt. thanks for that plan gbl. is it ok to run everyday also. what drinks are okay to drink? is lemonade ok?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit