Healthy snacks and getting buff

by tsunami_rid3r 37 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hey man, do your jog's on your rest day's. Add steak to your daily diet at least three times a week if possible and have half a bagel with a tablespoon of all natural peanut butter before training. Have a protein shake post workout.

GBL

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

ok add the half bagel with tablespoon of peanut butter (i dont think im actually gonna measure how much peanut butter on my bagel) and steak 3x a week(i dont think i'll be able to afford that while i'm in college). you sure all this food wont make me fat. not to mention a protein SHAKE??? im gonna have to jog monday so i can do 3 jogs per week.

• damselfly
    damselfly

If the protein is lean it won't make you fat. Some fats are good for you, olive oil for example. GetBusy has good advice for you.

Dams

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

ok, well i took notes in my planner and already made out my schedule for when i get on campus. im looking forward to getting buff. whats a good night snack that wont make me fat or should i even eat at all after a certain time. i'm hungry. all i ate was cereal, turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, and half a bagel with peanut butter.

• G Money
    G Money

Well... if you wanna get buff, you need to be serious about the gym and go almost every day, rotate body parts. Also you'll want to eat alot of protein. For example, lots of eggs for breakfast (whites only, few yolks as they aren't good for you). Meat for lunch and a few chicken breasts for dinner. Finding a workout partner is good as well. I gained 50-60 pounds of muscle in a few years and girls like it, ALOT! You need to be dedicated though to your workout regimen but will see some results in 3-6 months. When you build muscle, you'll put on some fat too, that's life but then you do a cutting cycle and burn it off. You need to eat to grow. Also get some whey protein powder for late night shakes. I bet you can get up to 170 or so in the next 2-3 years if you do it right and people will be very polite to you!

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

170lbs at 5"2... uh thats overweight

• damselfly
    damselfly

If that is all you had to eat today, no wonder you're hungry.

Try and eat protein first thing in the morning. You need to have some at every meal. Cook extra meat for your meals and keep in the fridge for when you want a late night snack, hard boiled eggs are good too. Low fat cheeses, small handful of raw almonds. Broccoli or veggies with low fat dip. You should aim for 3 good meals a day and at least 2-3 snacks. This will help to keep your blood sugar levels even and allow your body to use more effectively what you are putting in it.

Try not to snack on carbs, especially processed ones they will make you puffy and spike your blood sugar, causing you to crash and feel tired and hungry later.

Dams

• damselfly
    damselfly

I appreciate that you don't want to get fat, however please don't restrict yourself from eating. It will have the opposite effect and your body will hoard calories as it will think it's starving. And if you are working out your body needs more protein and calories to replace what it's burning off. Too much beer will make you fat and make it harder to see results quickly.

Guys don't fully stop growing into their "mature' bodies until age 25-27. You need to feed it well during this time.

Are you on a college cafeteria meal plan or will you be purchasing your own food?

Don't forget to eat salad with good dressing.

Dams

• doogie
    doogie

you gotta eat big to get big. if you're hitting the weights hard (like G said, i personally like the workout everyday schedule) you won't have anything to worry about...you won't be able to eat enough.

• shera
    shera

Here is a good site to join,they are very helpful and welcoming there.

http://www.irontrybe.com/forum/index.php

Hope this helps you out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit