People who never cry....

by JH 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Please never judge someone as heartless when you don't see them cry. I positively couldn't cry for decades, and many of yall here on JWD know some of what I've gone thru. Sometimes a person goes thru many trying times and tragedies that seem to snowball and there just doesn't seem to be a private place and time to give in to the grief, so it's tucked away and set aside time after time in order to function and do the necessary things for the other people a person may be responsible for or for any number of reasons. Then one day that huge dam that's been built upon and built upon becomes a huge burden. And the least little thing may be the start of a crack in that dam, for which one had better go out and buy stock in Kleenex.

Feeling pain and grief often manifests itself in different ways in different people. Some become hostile, or mean. They will lash out to inflict unwarranted pain on others, but it's just a manifestation of the pain they themselves are feeling. Some laugh seemingly inappropriately. Laughter is like a "vent"....letting off some of the pressure from grief and personal pain.

Please don't ever judge others for the way they manage to deal with their personal grief and pain. You never know what can happen in your life from one day to the next, and life can be so unfair and tumultuous. And some dams can take more pressure than others.

Frannie

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I see that I went on a trip there and this is about not being able to cry. I guess I could have summed it up, but never as well as Frannie in that usually people who dont cry have the biggest hearts. The tears stop because maybe they have been hurt one too many times. Self defense I suppose.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

i sometimes cry when im pooping b/c it hurts so terribly bad. but seriously people cry when their stress limit has been reached.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

TSU- You really are a sick pup. Put yer shirt on I changed my mind! No one is going to kiss yer sill potty mouth!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

TOO MUCH INFORMATION

• Ticker
    Ticker

I do cry now sometimes but not often. It has to be due to some extreme emotional sadness or stress. I think its like it was earlier posted, you reach your emotional limit and you break down. I wasn't allowded to cry in the open when I was young because of my father, so even now I tend not to show too much emotion openly, I keep it all balled up inside till I can't hold it no more. When you do cry though it sure feels good to just let it all out.

Ticker

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

I bawled like an absolue newborn when I first discussed the blood issue with an elder who was really close to my family. I was so upset by how many families have been destroyed because someone took blood and was disfellowshipped. I was absolutely heartbroken thinking of those who've died. I had never cried for them before.

The elder couldn't understand why I was so emotional. He said it was dangerous to my spirituality (i.e., remaining an active JW).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit