Anybody from Waltham or Newton Massachusetts?

by out of the box 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• out of the box
    out of the box

I wanted to know if anyone was from that area or lived there.

• minimus
    minimus

No.....but you're not 2 far.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

No, I was born in Spfld, but I met a girl at the Cape one year in my teens, and used to go down there to visit her every few weekends. We'd go bowling and hang out at the pizza shop near her house. I have relatives (I haven't seen since the 50's) that live in Framingham, and used to visit an uncle in Natick before he died.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

No, but are you?

• out of the box
    out of the box

I did belong to the Waltham congregation that shared the same building with Newton. I was wondering if anyone here ever at that hall...

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

My dad designed that hall. I drive by it fairly often. I remember it was one of the first with a baptismal pool beneath the platform. I'm not far from there. A few names I remember...The Larsons, Bill & Elsie Bomigan(sp?) My grandparents were close friends with them....The Montopolis...

Coffee

• out of the box
    out of the box

coffee_black

Alan Montopoli was an elder in the Waltham cong. They owned a construction company. Remember the Tommy Rao? (I think it's that spelling) The Raos were the best JWs in that cong. Their mother Ruth was such a great lady, her husband was not a JW but owned laundramats. They really acted like true Christians, they were so good to everyone they met.

You live in Newton or Needham? I lived on Adena Road in West Newton. And I had friends now moved from Halcyon Road in Newton Center.

I never saw that baptism pool cause we all got baptised at a Circuit assembly. We were encouraged to get ready for those times, I guess for more affect.

Thank you for your response. I should add, I do not live in Mass. any longer. I moved away to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and now Virginia. I still visit there because I have friends and a son living there. Such an expensive state to live in! And the price of oil and gas!!! out of the box

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Hi Out of the box,

I don't live in Newton or Needham... I live on the south shore now. I grew up in Westwood. We were in the Hyde Park cong. back then. (also designed by dad) Funny... I came back to MA 4 years ago after over 20 years in central FL.... Small world.

I remember Alan, but not the other family you mentioned. We knew Alan's brother Gerry very well.

Coffee

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

click my profile

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Wrong end of the state, I guess - I joined the troof in 1969 with the West Springfield congregation, then moved to Holyoke for a few years, then Southbridge from 1979 until the late 90's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit