Ozzie's weekend Poll #144

by ozziepost 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

So, how's ya been this week?

If you're a pom, you've got a lot to smile about! The England cricket team are doing well in the Ashes Tests and..........Premier League has started again!!!

If you're downunder.......well, we've always got something to smile about, eh?

There's been an absolute bucketload of stuff about the Watch Tower and the Dubs on board JWD this week - thanks to all who contributed.

Now, for a bit of a change, let's unwind this weekend with a poll. So, make yourself comfortable, pour yourself your favorite drink (I hope it's a shiraz!) and reminisce with your fellow posters about things in dubland.

This weekend's poll question is............................

If you went back to the Kingdom Hall, what would have changed?

1. The wallpaper!

2. The toilet paper!!

3. The elders?

4. The talks nah!!!!!!

5. The King of the South

6. What happened to those in Sodom and Gomorrah.

7. Meeting attendance.

8. The length of sisters' skirts.

9. The length of the brothers' hair.

10. They're now welcoming disfellowshipped people. (Just kidding!!)

11. Not much.

12. Nothing.

13. Other (there's more??????!!!! - please detail)

So, there we have it! What's your musings? Care to share? Post your replies so's we can compare meeting notes!

Cheers, Ozzie (permanently upside-down class)

Freedom means not having to wear a tie.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

1. The entrance exam (Baptism Questions)

2. Beards (although still optional for the 'sisters')

3. More epilepsy due to the Strobe New light.

4. The % of mental health patients.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

13. My attitude about meetings and religion in general. Instead of wearing a fake smile, I'd probably be ready to bite someone's head off and spit it at the nearest green, polyester suit.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    3. More epilepsy due to the Strobe New light.

Oh, I forgot that!

• Mulan
    Mulan

I would say the people have changed..............literally. I think there are six or seven left, who were there when we were there. Everyone has moved away.

Other than that, same old same old.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The location: the hall I used to go to is no longer owned by the society. The sold it to some muslins or hindus, I cant remember which my mother told me.

The people: a lot of the kids I grew up with are no longer in it - including children of elders.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Nothing would have changed since I went this week. What I hope would change was the looking down your nose I am holier than you becasue I am spiritual and a regular pioneer attitude

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Stilla,

You need to take a break, mate!

Cheers, ozzie

• blondie
    blondie

If you went back to the Kingdom Hall, what would have changed?

1. The wallpaper!

If it was up to the men, once up the wallpaper would not change till the building was torn down

2. The toilet paper!!

The only time men change the toilet paper is if they are assigned to KH cleaning and the CO is there to see them do it.

3. The elders?

You could switch out all the elders and nothing would change; I have seen it happen for years.

4. The talks nah!!!!!!

Only if I can rewrite them.

5. The King of the South

Like the leaves change every season.

6. What happened to those in Sodom and Gomorrah.

BTW when did Lot preach a message of destruction to them like Noah supposedly did? Maybe after Armageddon during the resurrection when it is evident that 2 of the people are Lot's sons in law

7. Meeting attendance.

Now that has changed. Decreased. One brother told us that sometimes there were more visitors (people whose cards aren't assigned) than regulars.

8. The length of sisters' skirts.

Despite the current trend back to short skirts, the response by the sisters seems to keep them around their ankles. They make up for it with dark nail polish and ankle bracelets.

9. The length of the brothers' hair.

There is a black brother with a mustache on the 9/1/05 WT cover and his sideburns would not pass muster in my old congregation. The problem now is that some brothers like to shave their har close to scalp; don't want to look like a rapper/gangbuster.

10. They're now welcoming disfellowshipped people. (Just kidding!!)

I know that in some congregations there are special rooms/rows in the back for these people. I never saw that; in fact they would sit with non-DF'd family members. If only they would start welcoming new people!

11. Not much.

12. Nothing.

• Gill
    Gill

Well, they've recenently had a quick build/slow never ending build, where we used to attend.

Apparantly, it's lovely and I should go and have a look around the place. ( I'd rather visit a den of vipers!)

The people are still the same - NO INCREASE and a slight decrease, thanks to yours truly de witnessing a few studies.

The same nasty, spiteful, back biting, face kissing attitude and atmosphere will be there.

The same looking down the pioneer nose at us soon to be despatched to Gehenna folk will be there.

So, not much change I think.

Freedom means not having to wear a skirt on sunday!!!!!!!

Why didn't anyone warn me it would be this GOOD being an apostate!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit