OK, fess up. . . has anyone tried internet dating?

by carefully faded 30 Replies latest social relationships

• blondie
    blondie

Exactly my thoughts, misanthropic.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Tetra, are you hitting on children again? I saw that (other) thread.

By the way, did anyone see the Southpark episode where Cartman goes on line and says that he would like to meet a mature male friend? It was called "Cartman Joins NAMBLA". One of the funniest episodes ever.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Tetra, are you hitting on children again? I saw that (other) thread.

LOL. thanks runningman, thanks a lot. -_-

• rebel8
    rebel8

I signed up for match.com a few yrs ago. Ended up emailing a guy that seemed nice, but I was too nervous to meet him. Around the same time I accidentally met my now-husband (not from the internet), so that was it.

My tips though.....create an email address with fake info on it and use that for your dating site. Not to be deceptive, just to be safer. Of course, be honest in your dating site profile but don't give out too much info.

If I was doing it today, I would do that eharmony thing. It sounds more effective. I signed up for a catholic dating site once (laughable now that I think of it), and it was a complete rip off. They were affiliated with catholic.org too. They charged the fee and there were only 3 men registered in the entire country. 3!!! None of them lived remotely nearby and none of them were even close to my age. I wrote letters to them asking to please refund my money until they get an actual database with men, and they refused.

Meeting in a public place goes without saying...coffee is a good date too...not too long!

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Never tried an internet dating service, but I met caty in Yahoo chat and knew her for probably 8 months or so as casual online friends and one day realized I wanted it to be something more. Took over 5 more months but I finally went to visit her and the rest of the love story continues....

Her JW sister and JW brother-in-law met on jwmatch.com and got married a little over a year ago. So there's one good success story, although such conduct is not likely sanctioned by the FDS. lol

• Legolas
    Legolas

I will be married 19 years December 5, I don't even think the internet was around back then...LMAO!!! I feel like a dinosaur!!!

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

I started a LiveJournal back in 2001, and met a guy through it who lived in the same town as me. We ran in different circles, never would have met otherwise. We're getting married in three weeks. I LOVES HIM!! I luvs the internets!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Congrats Luckynun!!!!!!!!!!!

• mustang
    mustang

OK, I 'fess: he did it

I can't speak for myself and don't need to try it; but my boss did this, got married and seems to be happy

to be fair, I suppose things could go the other way.

Mustang

• ballistic
    ballistic
    For laughs me and a buddy signed up for a month over at adultfriendfinder.com. I got ton's of proposal's from couples wanting one time sex deals and girls that, after a few conversations, were decidedly psychotic. Not really my bag.

GBL, I've seen that site, but weren't you worried about the possibility of catching something from such women, this is a serious question. This is something I worry about - and I don't know if that's a healthy concern or something left over from being a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit