OK, fess up. . . has anyone tried internet dating?

by carefully faded 30 Replies latest social relationships

• Valis
    Valis

ballistic there's a dating forum just for you!

• luna2
    luna2

I've never tried...of course, I thought I was at least a nominal Witnoid up until April of this year, so it wasn't something I ever considered.

I have a couple of younger friends who have tried it. One has met some nice men and some creepy men and had some sexual adventures. She developed one friendship, but no lasting romance as of yet. The other friend has met some odd ones. One guy traveled cross country to meet her on Christmas day, stayed at her home, said he lurved her lots and wanted to get married...then returned home and emailed her that he meant everything he told her, but, dang it, the time just wasn't right for a relationship. What a moron. LOL She had another one who wanted to marry her after the first date and he spooked her good. He got very verbally abusive when she rejected him. Another guy told her she wasn't hot enough for him...like he was God's gift to women or something. Sheesh.

Seems like a lot of stress to me, but I'm not up for that kind of nonsense these days

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:but weren't you worried about the possibility of catching something from such women,

Signing up on that site was mostly just for fun, to see if all the hype was real. It's real. There are tons of people out there who just want to have sex with someone - no getting to know you stuff at all, lol. Like I said, it wasn't really for me. As far as catching something, as long as you use protection that's the best you can do. There's always going to be some risk of catching something I guess.

GBL

• ballistic
    ballistic

GBL, yeah guess so.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I just noticed on the site that I use, that once you're communicating with someone, the emails come through with their profile in the header and various other bits of infromation and two massive buttons, "reply by email" and "say no thanks" and I was just thinking how easy it would be to knock your mouse accidently and completly ruin a relationship.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Ive tried internet dating but I didnt meet anyone for me. However, I talked my friend into joining at the same time, and she met her current partner on the dating site. They lived real close by and shared all the same interests. He said how amazing it was that they were so near yet never would have met if they hadnt done the net dating thing. They are perfect for each other, it was a real success story.

Another one of my friends, and my uncle both met their second wives through local newspaper lonely hearts columns. Again - wonderful success stories.

Id definately give it a try, and just follow all the safety advice, and follow your gut instincts.

• Alana
    Alana

I did. Meet some nice people, but there were some weirdos, too. But, anywhere you meet people you might run into that. You just want to be careful, because people can "be anyone they want" online....doesn't mean they are the way they say.

However, I must say that I did meet my husband online. We have been together 4 years and got married this past April. I love him dearly and am so glad he emailed me!!

• kid-A
    kid-A

Met my wife and soul-mate online, without the internet, would not have been possible!!!

• enigmatic
    enigmatic

yup sure have, its allright cept for the stalkers....

• Cady
    Cady

lol Yeah - not that it's something I'm exactly happy to have done...not sure why, but it's a bit disconcerting.

So one guy had his pager out w/in a few minutes - turns out he had a good amount of money on the football game that night. Apparently he actually has a bookie. Umm...

The problem is that until you actually meet you don't know if the chemistry will be there. If you've ended up talking too much to someone and then you find out the chemistry isn't there it can be difficult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit