Bush - Idiot Hypocrite

by Simon 49 Replies latest social current

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Has he forgotten already that there were NO WoMDs in Iraq? Or maybe he did manage to convince one person with his lies - himself !

An accomplished liar needs to believe their lies at some level to be successful. Too bad Bush isn't so accomplished. His lies and agenda are quite transparant.

I didn't vote for him and i didn't vote for his daddy either.

Neither did I, but I have far more respect for his Daddy than Dubya... Too bad he didn't inherit some of their intelligence and grace.

Confused....you are a little confused about Japan. We were not entirely "innocent" before Japan attacked in WWII. We were using our power to cut off their supply of oil and also running quasi blockades. To insist somehow the US govt. was completely "innocent" in her wartime activities is a little hypocritical. The US knew it was being aggressive towards Japan yet somehow was "shocked" at the outcome. The outcome allowed Roosevelt to overcome anti-war resistance in the US. A invocation of war by Japan brought Germany automatically into the war as well. Roosevelt got the war he was itching for.

These blockades were in direct response to Japan invading coastal China and other coastal Asian countries. Not unlike the world blockade on Iraq and the oil-for-food fiasco. Dubya is a twit and a puppet to his cabinet and the wealthy.... IMHO The nuclear issue harkens back to the coldwar days.

• TonyT
    TonyT

Lets end the hypocrisy.

In the name of fairness let the UN dispense nukes to any countries that want them no matter how unstable the regime.

At least we won't have to worry about problems like global warming.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Brenda....good point on the China angle. The reasons for war / peace are usually very complex and intertwined. Maybe this is why conservatives like Bush so much. Many conservatives like Bush being an "intellectual lightweight". They like someone that makes decisions with their "gut feel". That this world's problems are really quite easy. You just need to stick to your guns and ideology and things will be ok. "Over thinking and activist governments get us into messes" is the thought process of some of these conservatives I'm willing to wager.

When Dubya was running for president of the United States he could be called the typical nowhere man. He had gone fewer places and gained less worldly experience / culture than any candidate for Prez in modern history. Before becoming Governor of Texas he had been overseas only once from what I can find. He went on a trip to China where his father was stationed working for the CIA.

While I don't demean people who don't travel his stay-at-home mentality is quite common for many Americans. It does stands in contrast to what I expect from MY Prez, especially at a time when many nations look to the US as the world's leader. Imagine if you had every opportunity and financial advatage a young Bush had. Wouldn't YOU have traveled at least A LITTLE BIT?

Maybe it's easy to support right wing commandos in South and Central America when you aren't sure where those countries are. Maybe it's easy to sell arms to Iran (Iran-Contra scandel) and biological weapons to Saddam Hussein, or to invade Grenada, or to invade Iraq on a whim to depose Saddam, when you can't imagine that the people who live there are real people.

How many average Americans (and I would say Bush as well) could tell us how many Panamanians, Afghans, or Iraqis have died in our tragically silly " mundane" wars, or why the torture at Abu Ghriab happened so easily? Could it be that to someone like Bush, people from other countries aren't real?

• upside/down
    upside/down
    But how can the US be pushing for new tactical nukes both in design and deployment and still tell everyone else not to build nukes??? How hypocritical! We have almost 10,000 strategic nukes and we want to build new tactical nukes....but you can't have any ____________. (Fill in the blank...Iran...N. Korea....Pakistan...etc)

Yes...

Lets end the hypocrisy.

;In the name of fairness let the UN dispense nukes to any countries that want them no matter how unstable the regime.

At least we won't have to worry about problems like global warming.

Pretty much sums it up...

Now can we go back to Dub bashing...it's much more fun...

u/d (of the these threads read like a well rehearsed script...class)

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Good one EF. "They" say "Ignorance is bliss" Unfortunately, ignorance is running our country.

I'm your basic blue collar raised boomber, but I've made it a point to travel, because a friend once said that unless you travel you have no concept of what the rest of the world and it's people are like. Even travel throughout the US has been an educational experience! Yet I've not travelled nearly as much as I want to. Some of my life-destinations include HongKong, Phillipines, Indonesia, S America and several places in Africa, and Western Europe.

Living in a moderately liberal state, surrounded by moderately liberal states, and in a moderately liberal neighborhood in a liberal city, I forget that it only takes migrating inland a few hundred miles and the eating habits and mindset of the "average american" totally change.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I forget that it only takes migrating inland a few hundred miles and the eating habits and mindset of the "average american" totally change.

Yes seafood in Seattle and New England as well as Mid Atlantic states - Chicken fried anything in Texas - Louisiana is a state with wonderful food all on its own - and in the midwest - steak and biscuits and gravy!!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Brenda...you and I share similar backgrounds. While I am white collar. My travel as a kid was only in the midwest via car. Travel is the #1 educator in my book. Yes, university is good for thinking and careers. But travel is the great equalizer. You see first hand unique cultures and ideas. You also realize that even the "poorest" American's are quite rich by comparision. BUT, also what I learned as a kid was that everyone else wanted to be American and were just jealous of our lifestyle. Whoa! Was I taught wrong.

I learned one of my biggest life lessons from a Costa Rican (Tico) man that ran a surfing boat "taxi". His view on life was truly an inspiration. I met his family and saw how richly yet simply they lived. I was envious.

I learned about kindness to strangers in Chile when a fellow airplane passenger took it upon herself to make sure I saw Santiago from the "locals" point of view. I ate with her family at her home. A complete stranger. I met her older brother who was retired from the American Embassy in Santiago. He took me on a car tour of all the interesting sites of Santiago and gave me quite the history lesson. Of course they would accept no money for any of this.

I've had debates with folks in cafes in Slovenia and Prague. The list goes on and on.

I'm very lucky for all I have. I wished I could have had the opportunities a young Bush had. Carte Blanc to travel with a father who was a US Ambassador and loads of cash. I stopped at youth hostels and whatnot in between semesters at school. Not luxury I tell ya! LOL

But also I think money only seperates you from the true travel experience. Money walls you off from the locals IMHO. But I digress.

Back to the thread.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

BUT, also what I learned as a kid was that everyone else wanted to be American and were just jealous of our lifestyle. Whoa! Was I taught wrong.

The one thing wrong in the above statement is the use of the word EVERYONE. Many would have been better. One only needs to look at the immigration statistics for the world - and guess who has the most immigration - with long lines of people wanting to get into their countries and also illegal immigrants - The USA , Great Britain and Australia and also Canada - mmm - methinks there is a a pattern here somehwere

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    But also I think money only seperates you from the true travel experience. Money walls you off from the locals IMHO. But I digress.

Good hijacking of the thread, EF. But I wholeheartedly agree.

When one is on "vacation" they become a "consumer" and everything they do is oriented around money. Not an easy thing to do in the "american society".

When we took our sailboat to Mexico in 99-00, we saw a wonderful part on the country. Unfortunately, we were limited to the areas we could anchor, and how far we could walk inland in many cases.

A couple trips back, we rented a car and drove to many of the coastal villages we visited by boat, remet people we had "done business" with and were remembered as kind people! We still haven't quite broken the fence of tourist/local, but we are working on it. It's amazing on how just a little bit of effort and acknowledgement, and a genuine smile, goes a long ways in breaking the barriers.

Oh yeah, another port-o-call on my life agenda is Cuba! Fk Bush!

• JT
    JT

Why ask other countries not to develop such weapons when the US is sitting on piles of them ?

$$$$$$

it may have something to do with the fact that if some countries had such a weapon, they would use it on you and I -

while we can all argue over bush this and bush that, of all forms of gov currently in operation at least the democratic form we have does provide some degree of accountabity to the masses, if nothing more than elections-

i highly suggest you speak to a person who has lived under a dictator ruler, I have on a number of occassions, and while i may not like certain things about the us way of handling things,

after such a conversation with such a person, i have a much higher regard for what little freedom and rights i do enjoy in comparision to the way some folks live

when you just consider that here in washington dc there are over 300+lobby firms who make sure that polltical figures know which way the wind of opinion is blowing

the white house has some of the most powerful firms who run the numbers daily to see what the opinon polls are saying and oftentime use this poll to make policy

do you actually think that some dictator in Africa or some middle east state or china takes polls to see what Thier People actually think and then make policy based onthat

if so - got a bridge to sell you my dear friend-

the mere fact that someone could create a thread and call the president a name and live to tell about it is clear testimony to the type of country you live in

go to some of the sites around the world and see how literally 100's of 1000's of folks disappear after making comments about their leaders

hell look at us as former jw, any comment negative about the GB would get you the ax-

so we all should know full well what it means to leave under complete shutdown of thouhgts and veiws coming from a jw background

i often find the folks with the loudest complaints particpate the least in the voting process- yet complain the most

as to whether you fit that bill i don't know, but in my exp too often the biggest complainers don't get out and make it happen, instead they wait for it to happen

just my two

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit