Your thoughts about Wal-mart

by desbah 64 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

Evilforce~ Are you my neighbour? You've just pegged 3/4 of the population here.

Dams

• Preston
    Preston
    I try my absolute best never to shop there. But about once a year I find myself stuck going there.....always fun watching the red necked, inbred, trailer trash, obese pigs, bitch at the clerk because the NASCAR T-shirt they wanted to buy only comes in 4XL as the largest size instead of the 5XL they need and proceed to checkout with 12 cases of soda and Gatorade.....like sure....they need "sports" drinks because their fat asses think that the walk from the pickup truck to the front door is a marathon event.

Now, now EF..you and I both know that that is just some kerrraaazyyyyyy stereotype ....LOL

My partner likes going to Wal Mart....A LOT. It's the one rift in our relationship since my lil bro works for Amnesty International and he always ...always reminds me never to shop there.

I know they disregard employment laws, don't believe in unions, refuse to pay Overtime, pay their employees KRAP wages, built a store on an ancient burial ground, and another store near an ancient pyramid in mexico, but..... (in my best Jon Stewart) $10 bucks for a fridge?!? ...

THAT"S AWESOME!!!!

- Preston

• daystar
    daystar
    The meat always looks fresh at my local Walmart, but it's not the best quality.

Really? I've shopped at a couple different Wal-Marts in my area and had the same experience with them all. Maybe I'm too picky, but I expect, for example, hamburger meat to be all red, not red wrapped around a core of grey. Also, hamburger meat again, even the very lean sirloin seems fattier than I can get at say, a Tom Thumb. *shrug* YMMV

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    .....always fun watching the red necked, inbred, trailer trash, obese pigs

Why is it that so many slovenly people congregate at Walmart?

What I REALLY hate is going to the checkout and getting stuck behind a combined-ton family who's slamming bag after bag of chips and box after box of Hostess cakes onto the conveyor.

One time I went there at night after having a couple drinks at Grotto's. We were third in line behind a rather huge woman and her rotund kids, and her cart was LITERALLY full of chips. The kids were eating candy bars there on the spot and held the half-empty rappers up to the casheir so she could scan them. I consider supporting this type of behavior child abuse.

I said, rather loudly, "Good Gawd. Look at all those chips! There's no excuse for someone that big buying that much junk food." The woman in front of us gave a snicker and the beast rolled her eyes as she pushed her cart of chips out the door.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    I try my absolute best never to shop there. But about once a year I find myself stuck going there.....always fun watching the red necked, inbred, trailer trash, obese pigs, bitch at the clerk because the NASCAR T-shirt they wanted to buy only comes in 4XL as the largest size instead of the 5XL they need and proceed to checkout with 12 cases of soda and Gatorade.....like sure....they need "sports" drinks because their fat asses think that the walk from the pickup truck to the front door is a marathon event.

i'm with you on this one dude. i loathe wal-mart with a passion. TARGET AND SCHNUCK'S GROCERY ROCK!!!! luv, jojo

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Preston dump your partner....you and I will shop at Trader Joe's together as all good homo's should :)

And what kind of self respecting homo likes WalMart? Didn't your partner get the memo that all Homos Union Local #83 were from henceforth to shop only at Target?

• Honesty
    Honesty

I like shopping there on Thursdays and Mondays because I can usually bump into an active JW that I can either witness to or I can watch their cognitive dissonance kick in when they smile at me and start to say HI and then realise I am the evil apostate who left the apostate Governing Body Jehova and is at that big church on the interstate with the huge cross above it. I've had them leave their almost full shopping cart and head for the exit when they realise that they are face-to-face with a WT opposer.

• Preston
    Preston
    And what kind of self respecting homo likes WalMart? Didn't your partner get the memo that all Homos Union Local #83 were from henceforth to shop only at Target?

Oh yeeaaahhh, must of been something I read at one of our gay agenda meetings..... Oops! hope I didnt blow our cover!

(mmmmm...Trader Joe's...I love their calzone..)

- Preston

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

It's tough not shopping at walledmart when they are the cheapest place in town, and i'm on a tight-assed budget. I do not like their business practices, but Target' and Kmart and most bottom-line stores have same/similar business practices. We groceryshop at Winco. Leaving our local Fred Meyers (Krogers) for a combo reason of grocery pricing and FM's bottle return is poorly maintained. I cut my finger on a shard of dirty, sticky, stinky glass and they gave me a very lame excuse as to why they couldn't/wouldn't manage it better.

Now Costco? Yeah baby!

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I havent shopped at Mal Wart in years. Like others have said I try to avoid it like the plague. The isles are crouded, unorganized, and dirty. The employees are unfriendly. Quite frankly I think I hate that store. I would rather travel further and pay more than to cross the threshold of that un-holy Magog.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit