Go to University and you 'support this system of things'!

by slimboyfat 25 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

Still waiting on slimboy fat to show us proof

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I think this thread, which has direct quotes, is discussing the same article:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/96315/1.ashx

• Bryan
    Bryan

Very interesting article. Plainly stated!

How are you going to spin this one Defd??

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Well, there you have it DF'd the same bullshit that I was gullible to follow for a while 20 years ago. In fact, they may as well just sent out the same magazine but put a different date on it because it is the same stuff they said 20 years ago. They put pursuing a higher education right up there with marrying out of the troof (they strongly speak AGAINST IT)

Do more in Jah's service and no matter how much you do, they make you feel like it's never enough!

• Bryan
    Bryan

Defd.....

You're still not responding.....

Surely as one of Jehovah's followers you have the exact answer!

Surely you are correct about everything. After all, you're a Jehovah's Witness!

Still waiting....

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    So are all JWs supposed to flip burgers?

No, they said cooking chicken was acceptable too.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Flush out your headgear Defd, the borg has always been against higher education as it leads people to think, and that is a baaaaaaaaaaaad thing as it won't take people that can think very long to realize how utterly morally and intellectually bankrupt the WBTS is.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

As I just mentioned on a similar thread: they want you to come to the conclusion that getting a college education is no good for YOU.

The reality is that it is no good for THEM.

That is what the real deception is all about.

• Scully
    Scully

What an education does, imo, is level the playing field - at least on an intellectual basis - between people like the GB/WTS who have a claim of spiritual authority and those who they wish to have following them. They are terrified that they are going to be exposed for the frauds they are, and an educated mass of followers is a threat to their remaining in power. Educated people are more likely to trust their own judgement and critical thinking skills, while people who forsake education in favour of Spiritual Pursuits™ are more likely to be obedient automatons and trust the leadership implicitly and without question.

Information and education are the Achilles' Heel of the WTS.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Keep them dumb while they're young and you've got a dub for life.
    Hey, that's not true, I made it out...

That proves you weren't dumb!!! Congratulations!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit