Go to University and you 'support this system of things'!

by slimboyfat 25 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The most recent Watchtower contains the most strident anti-higher education stance I have seen in recent literature

• JH
    JH

It's funny, when I went to a few meetings a few months ago, after many years of absence, I heard a brother say that today a person needs a college degree to be able to find work. I had the impression that the watchtower changed its point of view on higher education.

Now I'm balled up...about what they believe.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

So are all JWs supposed to flip burgers? That's about all you can get these days without some form of higher education.

• undercover
    undercover
    So are all JWs supposed to flip burgers?

No, no, no....they're supposed to wash windows

In a couple of generations, JWs and illegal immigrants will be fighting over the same jobs.

• z
    z

Slimboyfat can you pls scan this article?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Keep them dumb while they're young and you've got a dub for life.

• defd
    defd

The most recent Watchtower contains the most strident anti-higher education stance I have seen in recent literature Which issue and what does it say? Back up those words with proof!

• z
    z

bttt?????????????

• Terry
    Terry

Of course the Society (Governing Body) plunges in up to the wazoo with system support, doesn't it?

Pot calling kettle black...news at 11:00!

Brooklyn Boys have been buying up real estate, throwing up buildings, putting their paws up the U.N.'s skirt in the library and investing in companies that include weaponry and tobacco. Maybe we should imitate them as they imitate Christ. Christ? Christ-who?

T.

• bavman
    bavman
    Keep them dumb while they're young and you've got a dub for life.

Hey, that's not true, I made it out...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit