That Voice...My Story

by Confession 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Confession:

What a fascinating and beautifully developed account of your journey out of the Watchtower Society! I was captivated all the way through it! This gave me goosebumps!

Thanks for your PM to me which led me to your profile and finding this gem that I had missed!

BRAVO!

hugs,

Annie

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Thank you SunSpot for bttt'ing this amazingly written story, if you hadn't, I wouldn't of known about it!

Thank you Confession for writing it so well, it held me captivated....I could not stop reading it. I look forward to reading it again....and to reading more of your stories on here!

Your story does give us an idea as to why you chose your name, it is very fitting.

you brought out may points that I too thought about for many years, but did not have the courage to dig deeper until now. I Hope you can publish your story so that many others can read it.

~found

• Confession
    Confession

Hadn't noticed that this thread was recently revived. From time to time someone will PM me about it. So, for those of you who don't know much about me, here's my story. I wrote it while less than a year out of my Watchtower exit. Today I'd probably have put things differently, but I still enjoy reliving that fascinating process of awakening.

Much appreciation for your comments and well wishes,

Confession

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Confession, loved your story... you are a gifted writer. It's amazing how people slowly discover the duplicity of the organization, you wonder later why you didn't see it sooner. I think that we want to believe, everlasting life in a paradise earth is quite a attractive picture, you just want to believe it. Oh well...

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Thanks for bringing this back around! I always had a problem with this also...thanks for sharing your story with us.

Swalker

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Since I never read your story in 05, what a wonderful treasure someone brought this back for us to read. You are a WONDERFULLY gifted writer. I sure enjoyed the style you used to convey your thoughts. Sure am glad you are here with us.

Leslie

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Confession

I sure am glad this thread was revived. Even though I was lurking here in 05, I missed your story. What an amazing command of the English language you have.

Another contributer here has suggested I expand upon the story and have it published. I think I'll do just that

Did you ever get around to writing that book? I would go right out and buy it. I think with the right title, right cover, and right marketing to get the word out, you could have a best-seller.

Sincerely

SnakesInTheTower (of the "appreciating fine writing" Sheep Class)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I couldn't read all of this, but what I did read is intriguing. I like the dream. Thank you, Confession. For everything.

• Confession
    Confession

I've been meeting new friends here lately. A little "bump" for those who never read my story. (And who like long stories!)

Best,

Confession

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hey there Confession,

This is one of my all-time faves on JWD. I just noticed I never gave you any kudos on the thread itself. So here goes:

KUDOS!!

How's life treating your daughter? Is she still going to school? I really liked the letter you wrote to her as well.

All the best to you & yours,

Open Mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit