Dogma - The Movie (Directed by Kevin Smith)

by Black Man 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Man
    Black Man

Hey y'all,

I recently got this film on DVD and it is so on-point with its cynical look at religion and belief systems. I laughed 'till I cried. Anyone else caught this movie? What did you think?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I love it, one of my favorite movies.

Metatron: Noah was a drunk. Look what he accomplished. And no one's even asking you to build an ark. All you have to do is go to New Jersey.
    Bethany: New ]ersey.
    Metatron: Sure. Go to New Jersey and visit a small church on a very important day. Agreed?
    Bethany: That doesn't sound like a crusade.
    Metatron: Aside from the fine print, that's it.
    Bethany: What's the fine print?
    Metatron: [mumbling into glass]
    Stopacoupleofangelsfromenteringandthusnegatingallexistence. Damn, this is good tequila.
    Bethany: Wait, wait, wait. Repeat that.
    Metatron: "Damn, this is good tequila"?
    Bethany: The first part.
    Metatron: Details. Stop a couple of angels from entering and thus negating all existence. God, I hate when people need it spelled out for them.

Plus alanis is in it

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Comedy Central's been playing that movie a lot lately. It is very good.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Its a GREAT movie mang.... thing is though is that it is meant to inspire faith, not bash it.

Take a look a the inside jacket of the DVD and read what it has to say. You would be VERY suprised.

Kansas District Overbeer

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

yeah...Alanis Morisette playing God......

You gotta love that.......

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My fav part from Dogma is when Chris Rock falls from the sky naked! Nothing like seeing a skinny black guy with no clothes on.

Gave me a flashback to when I first saw dear hubby sans clothing.

Josie

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

This is one of my favorite movies. I love it!!

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Great flick, Kevin Smith can write some excellent dialogue. I loved the scene in the boardroom when Matt Damon told the one lady he spared that she got off light for not saying bless you when he sneezed.

• Es
    Es

The first time i watched it I was still a JW, so i turned it off half way through, but I made sure it was one of the first things i watched once out and i love it, its a great movie, great cast, and God is a woman what more you could ask for es

• gespro
    gespro
    and God is a woman what more you could ask for

I'm thinking they depicted God as both male and female, actually.

Seems to me Alanis [a friend of mine called her youranusmorristhecat] was perfect for this role as she does have sharper features then one would expect from a totally 'feminine' actress. I don't know but that's what I saw...

I'm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit