Dogma - The Movie (Directed by Kevin Smith)

by Black Man 24 Replies latest jw friends

• gespro
    gespro
    Doh
  • gespro
    gespro

sorry

• gespro
    gespro

Believe me
    I'm not going for a record here...
    I must of leaned on the keyboard..........

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

I like the movie--it's a little heavy handed, but has some great moments.

I especially like the whole "Beliefs vs. Ideas" dialogue.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Matt Damon in the airport near the beginning of the movie (which included cameos of some of Smith's friends who also appeared in Clerks) after speaking to the nun, addressing Ben Afflick (from my memory): "Man, I just love fucking with the clergy."

It's a good movie, Comedy Central unfortunately kills it by censoring it. It is in my top 50 of great films.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

A good friend of mine finally pointed something cool out to me. In the scene where God is a middle-aged comatose guy in a hospital room, didn't he look sorta familiar? It's the actor who played Harold in Harold and Maude, only like 30 years older! His name is Bud Cort. I dig that they used him in Dogma.

Dogma is an awesome movie. I saw it when I was still a dub, and loved it. It raised a lot of questions, but not in a heavy-handed way. It still makes me laugh my ass off.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I love this movie!!! I gave it to my boyfriend at Christmas time at his Catholic parents house. OOPPPS!!!! He opened it and then promptly hid it so they would see it.

Dasms

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I liked it. Then again I also liked Jay & Silent Bob, so I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

• lilbit
    lilbit

I love that movie its right up there in my favorites list.

Lilbit

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Is it one of the best of the Kevin Smith movies? Maybe. Tho "Chasing Amy" was also great, tho a different animal (being less of an outright comedy and more character-driven). "Clerks" is also an absolute classic. It has so many great moments, arguing about contractors on the Death Star, selling cigarettes to a five year old by accident, doing a dead guy, etc. lol. Yeah and "Jay and Silent Bob" was pretty satisfying too. I think the riff with Jon Stewart was the funniest thing of the movie....reminiscent of the funniest scene in "Private Parts" (the innuendo in the Match Game skit).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit