online map of sex offender's whereabouts

by rebel8 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

What I found interesting is that there is a guy on the site that had a conviction when he was only 15 with a 12 year old, and was on Juvie probation I guess, he was given only 9months...now I don't know the story or anything..but I thought juvie records are supposed to be sealed after you are 18. I find that bothersome...but again, I don't what happened.

While the site can be helpful, I would double check any information you find on private sites such as this with the actual authorities sites in your state.

It looks like they just pull in info from databases and google maps. A very clever idea, I have looked up sex offenders on the TX site before, and looked up how far they are away from our house too, this just does it for you in one step.

I think Megan's law was a good law, and certainly has its place. I have to admit though, I wonder if sometimes the ones that commit the less serious offense should be able to be deactivated if they have been good for say 10 years or so. Like indecent exposure...there was one guy on here, besides the one I mentioned above, that exposed himself as a 15 year old to a little kid. Should he have been punished? Absolutely, but I don't think he belongs on the same registery as child molesters and rapists. I live around the corner from two schools, one is a middle school and one is an elementary school, and there are at least 2 registered offenders within walking distance of the school...that gave me the shudders.

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

For the record:

I checked out several that popped up in my zip, and they were inaccurate...

kdn

• rebel8
    rebel8

Thanks for letting us know.

My zip code shows up blank on that site, as does the state level 3 registry (shows only the most violent sex offenders, and says there are none in my zip code).

Seems virtually impossible to maintain a database of this magnitude. New construction alone is hard to keep up with, let alone adding all the sex offenders to the streets and updating their whereabouts when they move.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I just hope that this doesn't make these people disappear and go underground in "safe houses" for perverts. It is difficult enough tracking them with top technology. They will just hide and send each other photographs and information sheets in old fashioned envelopes. It is still a felony to open other peoples' mail.

Any parent would be worried sick, but at least if the authorities know where they are, they can be monitored.

HB

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

That's weird. Maine isn't even listed as a State. What is up with that?

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Is Maine a state?

Texas girl.

• Chia
    Chia

Yes, Pennsylvania isn't on here either. Hmm.

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

States where the actual street address is not listed cannot be mapped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit