What Things Did You Never Really Comprehend As A Witness?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I never could clearly explain the "faithful slave's domestics", as the Watchtower tries to. I would quote the publications but I did not believe that the explanation was at all satisfactory......Was there anything you just couldn't "get"?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

That is a great question and I have a pocket full.

One is that the Great Crowd in white robes in Rev 7 weren't in heaven. Read the frikkin scripture. They are.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I never got the calculations of bible chronology because it didn't add up. I never got why they placed so much emphasis on certain dates because it seemed they were pulling it out of the air. I also never got most of their interpretations of Daniel and Revelation, again because it seemed they were making it mean whatever they wanted.

• minimus
    minimus

Confused and Rebel---I'm with ya!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

With us in a Typical or Anti-typical way?

That is something that was always too much for me. Do you recall the articles that came out and the anti-typical anything was the FDS? The Ark = Typical / The Organization = Anti-typical etc etc etc

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I never could clearly explain the "faithful slave's domestics", as the Watchtower tries to.

That really got me too, mini. Until one of the elders told me that because I had left the cult and was exposing its lies that I was the evil slave:

*** Rbi8 Matthew 24:45-51 ***45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings.
    48 “But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49 and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, 51 and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.

It all makes sense now.

• blondie
    blondie

I never understood why children who by chance happened to be born to parents just before the flood, just before Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed, and just before Armageddon were going to be destroyed forever.

I never understood why all the baby Canaanites had to be killed. Can you imagine if the official policy of the US Army was to purposely kill every last man, woman and child in the nation they invaded?

I never understood why David and Bathsheba were allowed to live when any other Israelite would have been put to death on the spot. None of this "showing mercy to others" clause in the Law code.

I never understood why the man gave his concubine to the group of Israelites to be ganged raped and killed. (and similar such stories)

I never understood why God allowed the Israelites to have more than one wife although he only gave Adam one. (or why it took until 1947 for the WTS to do away with polygamy in its ranks--Mormons/LDS changed in 1890), And this in the face of the fact that God compared his relationship to Israel as husband and one wife, God didn't form relationships with other nations.

Blondie

• garybuss
    garybuss

I had a teeny problem with the a-typical business too. I thought the idea that the seven trumpets of Revelation were the seven Jehovah's Witness District assemblies from 1922 to 1928, starting with Cedar Point, Ohio and ending with Detroit, Michigan was hilarious. That one was over the top.

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah. The conventions fulfilled Bible prophecy.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I had a teeny problem with the a-typical business too. I thought the idea that the seven trumpets of Revelation were the seven Jehovah's Witness District assemblies from 1922 to 1928, starting with Cedar Point, Ohio and ending with Detroit, Michigan was hilarious. That one was over the top.

Can you spell B L A S P H E M Y ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit