Do you have any Dietary Restrictions?

by Billygoat 34 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I have got to stop the sugar!! It is so hard, as I am totally addicted to it. I am waiting for my blood work test to come back, but I bet my sugar is high, or getting there. I have read the SouthBeach diet and I am trying that, but I have sinned agaisnt it already.

I can give up cigs, do without painpills if I had a bad headache, go without alcohol, but sugar is my weakness. I get so sick when I don't have it, but I know if I just stuck to it , I would get over that hard part.

I am hoping to have changed my health by my next dr's visit so I don't have to be on high blood pressure meds, high cholesterol , or diabetes pills. Even as scarey as those things are the sugar addiction doesnt care. Denny is doing great on the Atkins and has been faithful, I feel so weak compared to him, but he is encouraging.

Mulan , you are an inspiration and I hope to say that I stuck with my diet plan and let the sugar go someday.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Andi, don't forget the Awake! Oatmeal Cookies

No Wheat Flour

Oatmeal Cookies

Day ahead

4 C Oatmeal – minute oats work well

2 C Brown Sugar

1 C Canola Oil

½ tsp Salt

1 tsp Almond Extract

Mix until oatmeal is well saturated. Cover and let sit at room temperature at least 8 hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 375

Add

2 Eggs, beaten

Options: 1 cup nuts, raisins, whatever

Shape into cookies and bake 12-15 minutes.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Okay I just saw this and I'm in a rush so I'll have to go back later and read the entire thread. I have a wheat allergy. It isn't celiacs, its a true allergy, so its not gluten. At least Rye doesn't bother me, and I have tried the other stuff that says its gluten free but not wheat free and it still bothers me. Nevertheless I have found some wonderful stuff to substitute over time. And we have some awesome places around Seattle that are wheat free (bakeries and such), I've also seen one in Portland.

Sherry

• Emma
    Emma

Most celiac's are told to avoid oats, too. I seem to be ok with McCanns scotch oatmeal, but not their other types.

I've also wondered about the alcohol and what is OK. I know beer is out but I don't know what to do with vodka; I've never bought it. I drink wine - what else is OK.

I'll check out the Whole Foods items. My own bread recipe is pretty good but I don't always want to bake. Having a weight problem, I can't eat too much anyway.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Spam Lite uses potato starch. No wheat products that I can see. It say's there's meat in there, but I highly doubt it. MMmmmm Musubi.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit