Do you have any Dietary Restrictions?

by Billygoat 34 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert
    http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/business/article.adp?id=20050728064809990019

Andi, Don't know if you have this link. Check it out.

Hubert

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Brenda,

Thank you for sharing your laulau secret! It sounds fabulous! I just need to start searching where I can get taro leaves here in the Dallas area. We have a large Asian community - I'm bound to find them somewhere. And sushi rice with spam? Yum! I remember that as a comfort food from when I was a child. The rice was shaped into little triangles with fried spam and wrapped in seaweed. It was called musubi and it was a staple of the pioneer's diet in Hawaii! Except now I'm wondering if Spam is GF? *running off to see the ingredients list*

Hubert,

That's a great story - thanks for bringing it to my attention. The picture shows the Whole Foods GF product line, which is REALLY good. They have some of the best stuff I've tasted. The peanut butter cookies shown on the lower right of the picture are AWESOME! Except their loaves of bread run $5.99 to $6.99 a loaf...not the $3.99 that the article says. Usually you only get 15 or 16 tiny little slices out of it too. Better than not eating bread though I guess.

Andi

• hubert
    hubert
    Usually you only get 15 or 16 tiny little slices out of it too

Maybe you could freeze a loaf, and just take a slice out for special occasions?

This way, it won't go bad on you. (I'm serious)

Hubert

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Maybe you could freeze a loaf, and just take a slice out for special occasions?

This way, it won't go bad on you. (I'm serious)

No, I don't mean it goes bad. I mean, literally, there are only 15 or 16 tiny slices when I get the whole loaf. That's all there is. But I don't complain. It's good stuff compared to some of the cheaper cardboard like breads that are out there. I swear some of it's attic insulation.

• Valis
    Valis

Andi I don't have anything to say about you being so hateful to products with gluten in them, but only tell that sexy bitch man of your's I said greetings and salutations.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes I restrict myself to prime rib twice per week maximum

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

LMAO Princess! Hey, I'm just upholding apostafest tradition! :P

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Wow.

I have given up chicken, since I am in the chicken game so damn hard.

Seriously, i loathe that stuff!

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have given up sugar since January 3. I finally, finally , finally , conceded that it isn't good for me, and no matter how little I used it, I couldn't lose weight if I ate desserts. (the glycemic index and insulin issues) And, no, I am not diabetic.

Now, I pretty much eat whatever I want, but no sugar ...........and I've lost 31 pounds in 7 months. I know that's not a lot, but think of how much I would have gained if I continued to eat, cookies, donuts, candy, cakes, pies and ice cream everyday all that time!!

I was a sugar-holic for sure.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I have got to stop the sugar!! It is so hard, as I am totally addicted to it. I am waiting for my blood work test to come back, but I bet my sugar is high, or getting there. I have read the SouthBeach diet and I am trying that, but I have sinned agaisnt it already.

I can give up cigs, do without painpills if I had a bad headache, go without alcohol, but sugar is my weakness. I get so sick when I don't have it, but I know if I just stuck to it , I would get over that hard part.

I am hoping to have changed my health by my next dr's visit so I don't have to be on high blood pressure meds, high cholesterol , or diabetes pills. Even as scarey as those things are the sugar addiction doesnt care. Denny is doing great on the Atkins and has been faithful, I feel so weak compared to him, but he is encouraging.

Mulan , you are an inspiration and I hope to say that I stuck with my diet plan and let the sugar go someday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit