THIS is a DANGEROUS PLACE

by peggy 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

You know pepheuga makes a good point. It would be nice to not even be able to remember what the Dub perception of us is...maybe one day.

• pepheuga
    pepheuga

dammit!

rushed writing is bad for you! i didn't mean being gay was equatable morally with being a thief or murderer or whatever! being gay is fine with peppy as are any number of forms of sexual expression. the only respect in which i equate them is to say that the moral bedrock that condemned the one thing for twenty years, condemned the other things too, and it was not the individual judgement that suddenly disappeared, but rather, and more disturbingly, the bedrock underpinning those judgements.

right that's enough rushed writing for one evening! i'm already very late for a date i need to keep!

• peggy
    peggy

NAH PEP, I just think it is interesting that the WT warns against the internet. I guess I took that as a danger, a danger to my spiriual health. I have never been very good with rules. Don't do this or don't do that. I do on the other hand have a problem with wanting to be liked and I equate that with being good. That I guess is the work that needs to be done. What is morality? What is GOOD? I won't lie, this is a confusing time of life for me. I read all I can. I love good conversation and that isn't easy to come by. I feel like my mind has been starved for so long that it craves nourishment. It is my obligation in this second half of life to feed it and to feed it well. I hate empty words. This "dangerous" site is just one of the places I go for a full meal!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

This truly is a dangerous website to those who have previously refused to question their beliefs and the teachings coming from the platform; I am so made up that you feel as though you have been set free and that the mental shackles no longer have hold of you.

Well done on your post; well done on your progress and I for one hope to see you post many more threads like this one...brilliant!

DB74

• Terry
    Terry

Health is dangerous for disease and mental health is dangerous for religious constipation.

The Watchtower Society gives you bad news constantly and the worst possible negativity about the future EXCEPT the make-believe rescue operation at Armageddon.

Armageddon is a product JW's sell door to door. It is like snake oil; but, at least snake oil came in a real bottle and tasted like Cod Liver Oil. I guess JW's sell God liver oil.

Armageddon is an EXCUSE to make nothing out of your talents. Armageddon is an excuse to ignore education, charity, and humanitarian efforts to build society into something better.

Armageddon is a stick to beat the fearful with and extract one more drop of door to door bondage from the trembling flock.

Life isn't seen as a blank canvas on which you can paint a masterpiece. No. The Jehovah's Witness views life as a hellhole to be escaped by dropping out of society and joining the circus of freaks who will dazzle and enchant you with feckless chronologies, souless tautologies and mind-numbing slogans to control your every thought.

No fresh air for the lungs of him who recites the Watchtower creeds of "more more more". More doorknocking, more Kingdom Hall attendance, more obedience to the Brooklyn coven of cowardly crazies who condone putting the health of a child on the bottom rung of a parent's vigilance, then, watching them die "faithful".

It is the same tired story retold a hundred times in a hundred articles in a hundred books over and over again. Paradise was lost. Adam sinned. We inherit. Jesus bought the farm and we are the cattle in his pasture. But, the promises and the ideology are actually just those piles you step in while crossing the pasture on the way to the bunkhouse where the flea-festation of duplicity and backtracking swarm over your consciousness each time the New Light flickers out like a guttering candle in a stiff east wind.

What do you want to avoid at all costs if your heart's desire is a healthy conscience and a questioning mind and a spirit of individuality that will allow you to grow a genuine personality revealing who you REALLY ARE? By all means avoid the Jehovah's Witness Discussion Forum.

Minds are alive here.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

T.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

in Vegas, I saw a stage hypnotist and the techniques are very similar

listen to my voice and focus on only what I say ---

only smart [read faithful] people can be hypnotized [find salvation] (if you dont get it, its your own fault)

--- people cannot be hypnotized with out their own consent, nor can anyone follow any BS [belief system] without findnig some reason to beleive in it for their own purposes....

with a distrust of the motives of the hypnotist, one wakes up from the trance.

The Theological Implants used by the B.ORG are not invulnerable, logic bombs have sometimes proven effective.

• daystar
    daystar

Hmmm... I wonder, then, how many more things labelled as dangerous or even evil are really just demonized because they challenge ruling authority, of whatever persuasion?

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West

• Bryan
    Bryan

Welcome Peggy.

Bottom line, if the Tower really thought they were correct, they would tell the apostates... "Bring it on!"

But they don't. They know if their sheep saw the truth they would all flee... and they are.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hi Peggy

Something almost irresistable about the forbidden. This was a scary place at first. It reeked of danger. I was filled with fear standing outside of the doors to JWD, having heard all the horror stories about apostates, thier misleading information and how we were to be wary of being swayed in thier direction. As soon as I had the courage to come inside, strangely enough, it was exactly as I'd been told.

I was scared to death because I had entered into the forbidden territory. It was dangerous, I'd feared for my life. Having had all the support structures, pulled out from underneath me, I was now in a quest to stay alive. I was disillusioned for over an entire year, regarding all I'd never been told regarding the WTBTS.

Thankfully, after a years worth of reading and acquirering outside information, the scales were removed from my eyes. I no longer have the fear that was my life before I fell away from the truth. The impending doom that was hanging over my head began to be replaced with hope. The WTBTS's web of fear began to dissolve into nothingness.

For those in high command in the WTBTS, this is a very dangerous place. If the truth be told, witnesses will be leaving Kingdom Halls in droves. If we're not careful, we'll be responsible for drawing even more recruits from the other side.

There is just no way to comprehend, the millions who may be watching from the sidelines. Look at how many new ones come in on an almost daily basis. Look, also, at how many times a story has been viewed. We're not the only ones reading these threads. There are lurkers in numbers unable to be comprehended. Be wary, they're watching you, they're all watching, you and me.

• Sassy
    Sassy

your eyes have been opened.. amazing how the brainwashing doesn't work the same now.. huh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit