i want a tattoo!!!

by tsunami_rid3r 36 Replies latest jw friends

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

exactly i want my body to tell a story, i want it to be art the sexyself i am.

• Sushi Crow
    Sushi Crow

Yeah, piercings are easier if you change your mind. I have a pierced eyebrow and muliple piercings in my ears, some of which I may want to let close up (I've had them for a very long time). I also have a tattoo.

Unlike some, I don't have concerns if my tattoo is visible, but like some folks have said, things change over the years, so caution is a good thing. I just got mine a couple of years ago and I'm 39. I'm an artist and performer, so it fits okay with my lifestyle.

Tatt suggestions...don't get one on impulse, plan it out very well.

Avoid anyone that doesn't do original work. Ask to see the photos of their work and see if the kind of designs they have done are original, well done and the kind of style that you're into. Even if you want something straight out of a book, generally anyone who doesn't create their own designs isn't a very good artist and may not do a good job in general.

If you can't find anyone around who is suitable, wait. You'll eventually find someone.

Creating an original design with the artist I feel is a good idea, that way you don't end up bored with it and there aren't a bunch of folks walking around with the same body art.

Part of my tatto contains kanji (Japanese characters) and I got it done by someone born and raised in Japan, who is also an excellent calligrapher. I've seen some awful kanji, so I was very careful - esp since I am half Japanese :) Went out of my way to find him (it was very difficult) and I have no regrets about that. I had ideas of what I wanted before I went, and we worked a couple of hours together to create something that I really love.

Hope this helps.

Sushi Crow

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

sushi crow can i see pics of your tats? and i think i'll get nipple piercings now, both.

• Sushi Crow
    Sushi Crow

I only have one right now, will probably get another. Just waiting for the right time/ idea/ artist.

I wanted to include a photo before, but my browser wouldn't let me. Here's a link to a picture of it online.

http://www.care2.com/c2c/photos/view/181/253738455/Accessories/P9270144_edited.JPG.html

Sushi Crow

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

tsunami

something that expresses me

Errrr... you're 18? And you think you can express the essence that is you? That you even know it? And that if you do, it won't change?

body style would complete me.

If you think ANYTHING external will 'complete' you, you're not mature enough to get a tattoo done. The fact you compare it to a RPG is further proof. You can re-skin your RPG avatar. You can't re-skin you.

i don't know, after my trip to hawaii, some of those surfer dudes looked so bad ass with their tattoos.

AH, so these sufer dudes (let me guess, with accesorised surfer dudettes?) are what you think is cool today, and you want to copy them (and have the matching sufer dudette, obviously, as they must come with the tattoos) by having a tattoo done?

Sorry to be hard, but rather than copying cool why not give yourself a few years to figure out your own cool?

Try piercings, they come out well if you change your mind. And if you must have a tatto don't go for big designs until you've lived with a smaller design for at least a year. And that smaller design has to be unique - not copying cool, but your own cool, whether it's an eagle wearing Addidas or (for example) the kanji for 'tsunami'. Even better if it's somewhere most people don;t use. Shoulder blades and upper arms for guys are as dated as asses and hip bones for girls. Try the sole of your feet, or under your hairline - on the skull would be impressive as it would mean you wanted it bad enough to put up with LOTS of pain.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I waited till I was 36 to get mine, but I love them, one on my ankle that wraps all the way around, and one on my lower back!

• La Capra
    La Capra

Tsu-

Dude, one of these days you will do something to stop the Gravy Train. This could be it. You really don't want to put your parents in a position to put their foot down right now, do you?

Reasons to wait:

1) You will change your mind

2) You still have some growing to do

3) If you get fat one day the arrows will look like telephone poles

4) Your parents could cut you off

And about the car-Since Pops is paying, you don't have a choice, get over it. The only thing you could do is buy your own choice of car outright and refuse to drive the Mustang. Otherwise, just go with it. Your education is key to your life, don't go pissing off the benefactors over little things.

Shoshana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit