Dancing...

by Country Girl 32 Replies latest jw friends

• talley
    talley

My Hubby did not like to dance either. Then I convinced him to try 'traditional Square Dancing' lessons. He really liked it. Country/western type music, and if one can walk in time to music, one can square dance.

We liked the lessons so much that we continued them to advanced level, yet danced at open club beginner/intermediate dances at least two nights a week. Both of us went 'all out' and I wore 'petty' pants, crenoline skirt, and lovely square dancing dresses; he picked out matching shirts and string/scarf ties.

It was "somewhere to go when we were all dressed up". Usually after the the open dances there is a 'pot luck' lunch. Great exercise, lots of fun, and met wonderful people.

We miss square dancing very much - me, bad knee...him, can't hear the caller well enough.

It's a bitch to get old, but does beat the alternative...for awhile....

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Dancing is a very important part of my Caribbean roots.

Back in the younger years, a guy that not only danced but wasn't a good dancer either didn't get the time of the day from me. The men in my life, no that there were many but, all had to like dancing and be good dancers too.

My husband is an excellent dancer and whenever we go to parties we hardly ever sit down. It's dance, dance, dance the night away!!!

DY - Have you all heard that good dancers are also excellent lovers???!!! Well... IT'S TRUE!!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I love to dance! If I'm in a club and hubby doesnt want to I'll dance by myself. Esp if it's a line dance.

Josie

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Dancing is a very important part of my Caribbean roots.

Back in the younger years, a guy that not only danced but wasn't a good dancer either didn't get the time of the day from me. The men in my life, no that there were many but, all had to like dancing and be good dancers too.

My husband is an excellent dancer and whenever we go to parties we hardly ever sit down. It's dance, dance, dance the night away!!!

DY - Have you all heard that good dancers are also excellent lovers???!!! Well... IT'S TRUE!!! You are lucky! Wish I had a guy that loved to dance... CG

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Years ago my husband and I and about 10 other JW couples took a swing-dancing class. It was sooooo much fun!! Hubby still isn't easy to get out on the dance floor, but now my kids are older, so I dance with them!

GGG

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

My dancing is more free form!!

Hard to explain but I let the music make the moves. I've been known to dance for 10 or 12 hrs with the right DJ and no, no drugs(anymore at least).

I also like dancing to traditional drummers esp in India but the local hippies will do!!!

• JW83
    JW83

I went to ballroom dancing lessons for a couple of years and still can't dance! I just got no rhythm ...

I loooove slow dancing with my hubby, though.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The QUICK STEP:

For me that is the pineapple of perfection in dance. Spin-turns are fun and very sexy!

The Tango too - the sensuality and power of the male as he throws his partner round like a sack of potatoes, following his every move and grip.

My wheel has suddenly lost its appeal.

HB (of the "These floors were made for dancin' " class)

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

CG,

I'm like you...I LOVE to dance! I'd love to take classes someday. Salsa, tango, ballroom, swing - it ALL appeals to me!

My hubby isn't much of a dancer either. Don't get me wrong - he's wonderful at it when he gets out there...he's just too shy to get out there. I usually have to pour a few drinks into him before he loosens up enough to do it. LOL!

Several weeks ago, we went to a wedding and danced. He didn't at first, but he was fine with me dancing with other partners. One of them was really good and I had a fabulous time. The other wasn't so good, but we had a good time laughing at ourselves. Another time, I wanted to two step and nobody wanted to dance country, so I two stepped by myself to be silly. I had my arm up like I was holding a partner's hand and everything. LOL Mozz sat and watched and laughed and let me have my fun. He's a good sport as long as I am too. I've realized that I cannot expect ONE person to fulfill all my desires. But since he takes care of the really important ones, then I can find other people to partner with me on my whims like dancing.

Next time we have an apostofest, I'll dance one or two with ya!

Andi

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Don't give up on your hubby too soon, Country Girl.

It took my wife years of hinting to finally drag me to lessons.

We did Ballroom, Latin American and Rock & Roll. It was great fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit