Dancing...

by Country Girl 32 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

CG

I love to dance, too. Have gone to a couple of local clubs where they have 'lessons', or salsa or jive nites, but oh, it's more of a meat market than a dance session. I'd love to take jazz dance again, but there are no adult classes available in my city.

tal

• prophecor
    prophecor

If you can nail him down to watching this movie, he may just change his mind and try to learn, allright, allright, probably not, but he'll at least have an appreciation for the wonderment and beauty, that is poetry in motion.

Richard Gere and a host of others play a bunch of hapless individuals, all in a quest to learn the graceful art, of dance.

It is a particularly dreamy movie that not a few of our more macho JWD supporters would get a rise out of, nonetheless it is a wonderful film that you can watch while your mother's around and not feel the need to blush.

Oh and BTW, I don't dance either, but I've always been fascinated by those, women and men, who know how to shake thier tail feather.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I think most people here know that I do a bit of dancing myself. :D

Namely Swing (i.e Lindy Hop, Jitterbug)since I was 13 and some latin (salsa, merengue).

Kansas District Overbeer

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

elsie, it sounds like you'd dance if you had someone to dance with and someone to teach you. There was some poeple that I worked with that belonged to a folk dancing group, and those people had the most fun. They picked a culture, and then learned the dance over a couple of weeks, and then put on a show. THey had so much fun. I would have joined them except that I have a husband.. and he hates dancing.. and I would have loved to do it.. <sigh> I feel like if I dance without him then I'm betraying him. He hates dancing. There is nothing more than I would love for him and I to two step to "The Dance" by George Straigt. I guess it's gonna take me dying or something to get a two step outta him. I would dearly love to dance with him...

CG

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Proph:

Yeah I WISH! There is such beauty to ethnic dancing. I love it. I wish everyone could participate in its joy and abandonment. I miss it very much. When we moved as a family to Texas, it was lost. There aren't many like us down here. I crave to dance our dances again. I also love two stepping, which I learned here in Texas. I LOVE IT! I would love to dance.. I just hope one day that I find someone to dance with that loves it as much as I do... My heart is so happy whenI dance, and I forget EVERYTHING.. and I am just whirling around the dance floor, laughing, and smiling, and forgetting, everything. It makes me very happy. It's the one time that I can forget all, and only moving makes me happy. Some day, I will find someone that loves to dance as much as I do, and I will dance away...

CG

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

CG, the most fun I've ever had when dancing is to go to a Greek restaurant where they also have a floor show and dancing and do the folk dances....or a bar on a waterfront where the merchant marines off the ships from the Mediterranean are in port. They love to do the folk dances too...heheheh

Frannie

• prophecor
    prophecor

Always been a fan of the Irish Jig

• rebel8
    rebel8

I bought several tapes on dancing instruction and would love it if my husband would agree to it.

• luna2
    luna2
    just an elaborate form of foreplay

stilla, don't you like foreplay? LOL I wish I could dance too, foreplay or no.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Ballroom dancing is becoming all the rage. There was a spot on the world news last night about how so many of our young people are taking up this activity. Entering in contest and championships. Last seasons dance / reality show might be responsible for the surge in interest. Mind you, when I say young people, I'm talking about those who are not yet even teenagers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit