DanTheMan
    Rhapsody in Blue -- George Gershwin

One of my favorites also

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Beethoven, Straus, Puccini, and Mozart

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

yay, I got the elusive and mysterious Joannadandy to post!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I'm elusive and mysterious?!

LOL

Who knew?!

• daystar
    daystar

Spanish guitar, by far!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Pie Jesu {From Requiem} by Charlotte Church

Josie

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo
    Spanish guitar, by far!

Agreed, Daystar!

The Adagio from "Concierto de Aranjuez" gives me chillszzzzzzzzz. And the music is less than a century old? Amazing!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I like Carl Orff a lot, if that is classical. Anything baroque is nice. I have always had a soft spot for Beethoven's Sixth.

BTW, I just remembered something from my old JW days. A sister in the cong. wanted some classical music and I made a tape compilation for her. I thought I'd get some extra stuff by taping off the radio. One of the pieces really caught my attention and taped it and put it on the compilation....I thought it sounded real nice. Later I gave her the compilation and she thanked me.

Sometime later I realized that the pretty music I taped off the radio was an old Christmas song. Of course, being raised as a Witness and not being allowed to listen to holiday music, I had no idea. It was just a nice-sounding piece. So I wondered from then on if she realized it was a Christmas song and wondered why I gave her some holiday music?

• heathen
    heathen

I like the star wars theme music ....LOL mozart beatoven , alot of it is pretty good stuff , the climactic stuff is what really interests me but some times just a nice piano ,violin or guitar duet is very nice .

• pepheuga
    pepheuga

if you can listen to the first eight minute piece (don't be fooled by the one minute or so snippet that you get from amazon...) of this and not be utterly utterly blown away by it, and possessed with a rage to hear more, then i fear we will never understand each other.

i do btw love it as solti did it.

pepheuga

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit