What's your favorite classical music?

by DanTheMan 45 Replies latest social entertainment

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Of course Beethoven's Fifth is tops for me, and the Ninth close behind. I also like:

Also Sprach Zarathustra - Strauss

Fanfare for the Common Man - Aaron Copeland (what a nice thing that was for him to dedicate such a great piece of music to plebeians like me *sniff*)

Symphony #40 - Mozart

The Nutcracker - Tchaikovsky

I probably won't have much to add to this thread because I really don't know classical music that well, but my appreciation keeps growing. Ah, can't escape my dad's influence there, he's a conniseur.

• kls
    kls
    The Nutcracker - Tchaikovsky

This is the only one i know of and i only know it because of hearing it at Christmas time . Don't know who the sky guy is either

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

anything by J.S. Bach.

my faves are the six Suites for Solo Cello, by Bach. i love most of the baroque era music too. the greats. vivaldi, corelli etc.

from the classical, i love the beethoven too.

from the romantic i have been hearting Maurice Ravel lately. and from the modern, Sibelius i love too.

TS

• Celia
    Celia

Anything played by Farkel on the piano.... I love classical music. That's what I listen to in my car. I love them all. Most pieces are very moving.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

ah, ts, you're way over my head dammit...how do you know so much shit man? lol

• talesin
    talesin

Mozart is my absolue favorite, especially one particular piano piece, darned if I can tell ya the number unless I look it up,,, it's 40-something. Could be the one you mentioned, Dan.

I love Strauss, esp. "Tales from the Vienna Woods" (french horns) and who doesn't know "The Beautiful Blue Danube" (aka the skater's waltz).

Tcaichovsky's (sp?) "Troika" has always been a fav of mine as well.

t

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Grand Opera although one could argue is not strictly classical music, though I argue it is - I do like Verdi's AIDA, and Nabucco,

TOSCA is also excellent from Pucinni

• Englishman
    Englishman

Try this: http://www.nazionale.altervista.org/vapensiero.htm

Then scroll down to

SCARICARE CANZONE

..and listen for about 3 minutes before deciding if you like it or not.

This is actually one of my favourite classical pieces. I'd be interested in anyones opinion.

Englishman.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Hungarian Rhapsody #2 by Liszt

Canon in D by Pachelbel

Vivaldi's Four Seasons

but there are others l like but I LOVE these pieces!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Englishman that was brilliant thankyou for the link - I have already down loaded it onto my laptop - Va Pensiero is one of the greatest arias of all time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit