What is a 'Momma's Boy'...

by jeanniebeanz 43 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

When we take into consideration the fact that so many women are raising children on there own, ( sisters who are single parents, I got nothin' but love 4 ya' ) without the fathers in the home, and some who are there, but who are invisible, which in a lot of cases makes it worse, the boys can have a tendency to gravitate towards the mother, as he has to come to be her protector, over time.

There's the man / child whose life support depends on that single mother, who has to fight and scrap through this world to make a living in order to keep her family going, to make certain that they are fed, with a roof over there head. Momma has to do whatever it takes to get the job done, and sometimes her avenues of employment are slightly less than glamorous, to put it mildly.

That man / child at 17-25 may feel the need to be there as a protector of his mother's best interest. Daddy's not there to foot the bill, and junior doesn't want any other @$$holes, runnin' up in his mom, because he's been witness to them coming and going in and out of her life, with not much to show for it, other than a swollen belly with another mouth to feed on the way.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

That's really sad, Proph. But true in so many cases...

J

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Nothing turns me of quicker than a man who takes his washing home to mum. Its pathetic.

I never had that problem. When I was a kid I had to learn how to wash my own cloths because my mom didn't understand the concept of "wash cold water only" or "wash separate from color"

-Elsewhere, of the Pink Underwear That Was Shrunk Too Small Class And Caused Me To Catch Hell In Gym Class

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    -Elsewhere, of the Pink Underwear That Was Shrunk Too Small Class And Caused Me To Catch Hell In Gym Class

ROFLMAO...

My mom didn't understand how to wash my fine garments either. Once I started buying Halston and Chemin de Fir, I learned quickly that I was on my own for washing...I think I was 15 though, so it was about time.

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit