What is a 'Momma's Boy'...

by jeanniebeanz 43 Replies latest jw friends

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    I once dated a Momma's Boy whose mother was dead.

Norman Bates?

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Whats wrong with being a momma's boy, besides not being able to get and or keep a girlfriend?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

A man who respects and treasures his mother is a good thing. Closeness is not a bad thing either. But when it goes to the extreme that a man doesn't marry, puts off marriage or gets married and always puts his mother first and allows her to interfere in his marriage, that's going too far.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

My mother comes first. Period!

M'

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My mother comes first. Period!

M'

You're such a card.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Thanks for putting things in perspective for me flyin.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Momma's Boyz tend to be bred from fathers who are often emotionally un-available for their sons. Some of us who've had fathers who were distant, unreachable and aloof and unsure as to who they were as men, could never really effectively relate to thier sons. Their mothers may have been all that they had to latch onto. So, when we as boys are left only with an emotional outlet from our mothers, it's only natural that we tend to gravitate towards the one most able to deliver over that much needed and desired affection.

We become in many ways, the surrogate husbands to mothers whose mates may be unavailable to them as well. The psychological borders and boundaries are too often blurred and there can come to be extensive psychological damage if the bonding is not kept in check.

Though we often can have a lot of empathy for the woman, because of being witness to the pains our mothers were exposed to, we can often loose a sense of ourselves when it comes to the things required in a relationship of long distance. I believe there's a paradox that exist when men are not to cater to each and every whim and desire in order to please his mate. It often comes from having tried to be pleasing to every degree, our mothers. We can find distressing to say yes to some things that we should clearly say no to.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

If men could screw their mothers they would never bother getting married.

• prophecor
    prophecor

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I think men would rather pour caustic soda on their genitals rather than do that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit