Alan F's flaming arguments and insults

by Rex 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rex
    Rex

Hi Alan,
    Have you ever looked at the carved up mountains, hills and valleys????? Have examined the remarkable similarity to the Mount St. Helen's canyon that was carved our very quickly? Catastrophism at it's finest.
    You are right about the uselessness of arguing, so why do you do it? If I am so 'braindead' and 'foolish' then you don't have to say a thing, do you? Or, is the idea that the Great Intellectual Alan might just be wrongheaded and on the road to oblivion too much for you to stomach?

Here is an example of your standard tactics when you meet someone that doesn't believe your world-view:

>Of course, being a braindead YEC, you don't recognize evidence when it goes against your presuppositions -- namely, that there was a global flood cuz the Bible sez so.

>The point is that I can either present a hell of a lot more evidence against a recent global flood, or I can refer any reader to massive tomes on the subject. But why waste bandwidth on morons?

>But I'm fairly sure that you're going to run away at this point.

Still here, bro!

• Terry
    Terry

PANKRATION! PANKRATION! PANKRATION! PANKRATION!

• luna2
    luna2

LOL Terry...so how does this work again? Is Rex challenging Alan and only the two of them are to debate? Should there be a judge or panel of judges to keep things civil and decides which debater presents the best argument?

• Terry
    Terry
    LOL Terry...so how does this work again? Is Rex challenging Alan and only the two of them are to debate? Should there be a judge or panel of judges to keep things civil and decides which debater presents the best argument?

This is the sort of thing PANKRATION is made for ideally!

Only two people can sign in and only one walks out! (Almost as good as Roach Motel).

It is a fight to the death. You can't quit and leave or you are declared the LOSER!

Only one winner and one loser.

It is the epitome of Justice. The arguments must prevail and not the number of people who pile on hurling insults. There are rules and breaking them counts against you. The opponent can cry "FOUL" at any time by outlining (as an attorney would in court) the exact nature of the objection according to posted rules. A moderator/arbitrator rules like a judge and the duel continues.

PANKRATION! PANKRATION! PANKRATION!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

HA HA! Rex, you're hilarious dude!

what, do you apologists have a central database that you log onto to find out what sites are religious in nature? and then you guys go out in twos to apologize the world into frenzied fundamentalism?

BTW, YECs are braindead. pure ignorance. willful or not, purely ignorant.

Rex: It's a cold dark lonely universe. Don't be afraid.

TS

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    It's a cold dark lonely universe. Don't be afraid

I like the idea of a cold, dark, lonely universe. But then before you know it, some Alien comes and implants it's spawn in you that jumps out while you're eating dinner then goes around singing showtunes.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

The other alternative being - you are like Zaphod Beeblebrox who goes into the Total Perspective Vortex and comes out saying "hey im a really cool frood".

Thats me!

• IW
    IW

Rex,

AlanF just feels strongly about what he preaches. He's not really the meany he pretends to be.

Well....maybe.

IW

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

rexilus,

Have you ever looked at the carved up mountains, hills and valleys?????

are you serious?! this is simple geology!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, I'm a Christian-o-rama, and my encounters with AlanF are relatively unscathed. What can I say? I adore passionate men.

Insults aside, does your argument hold water? If not, admit the leakage, retreat for repairs, and try again later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit