Ever had someone threaten to kill you, and mean it? Just happened to me.

by wanderlustguy 59 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Ugg, that is scary! I've been threatened twice. I'm glad you are taking this serious, WLG, he sounds quite deranged.

I had a telephone stalker for 6 years. It started when I was married. He used to call when my husband went to his woodworking course, or anytime I was home alone. That's what bugged me at first, as he seemed to know my husband well. A year or so later, I left my marriage and moved about 20 miles away. The phoning continued ... The last going off, he was telling me how he was going to kill me, after he cut me up real good. The police would do NOTHING, not a damn thing. They wouldn't put a tracer on my line, and said I had to wait till he did something. grrrr This was just before they had the new anti-stalking laws. I carried a weapon for quite some time, then 'went underground' for a year and hid out. He hasn't popped up again, and I hope he never sees me around town. The scariest part is, I don't know who he is!

About 10 years ago, I was working in the mental health field. Specifically, I was supporting a woman who had been a victim of horrible abuse. It so happened that it was the same group who molested me as a child. They kidnapped her one afternoon, we couldn't find her. Finally, about 4 hours after she disappeared while walking the dog, she called us to come get her. They had beaten and raped her, and told her to pass a message to me "She is to stop helping you, and keep her mouth shut, or she will be dead." I had to quit my job and cut off all contact with her, installed triple locks in my house, alarm system, etc. About five years later, when I was vending my artwork on the street, a guy came by, looked me straight in the eyes and said "You know what happens to people who talk, don't you? They disappear." Then he left. It creeped me out BIG TIME.

lol, and people wonder why I sleep with the light on ...

tal

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

eeek how scary..

bring a ball bat to work if nothing else!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    He used to call when my husband went to his woodworking course, or anytime I was home alone.

Maybe it was your husband?

My oldest grandson's father has threatened to kill my daughter, her husband and me. This is one reason I don't go home to the town I raised my kids in much anymore. We filed a letter with our attorney from someone he constantly made these threats to.

• talesin
    talesin

lol, flying, my ex was the world's sweetest, nicest guy. He wouldn't even kill spiders,,, catch and release! I was the flaming arsehole in that marriage.

t

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I was the flaming arsehole in that marriage.

So maybe it was mild manner Mr. Tale being passive/aggressive? Ya never know. Stranger things have happened.

• talesin
    talesin

Nah, I had the calls traced one night (illegally, but what the hell, the cops wouldn't help), and it was local, and at the time my ex was living 2 hours' drive away. When I called back (yes, I got the number!! hehehe), the woman whose name was on the listing answered sleepily (it was 4 am). Also, I heard the guy's voice and nope, definitely not hubby. Besides, I really really mean it, this guy, my ex, was and remains one of the best people I ever met. A real hippie/stoner, of the pacifist persuasion. I even went 'psycho' on him once (and no, I'm not proud of that moment), and he just stood there and let me hit him. He never did me or anyone else any harm except for his pot habit draining our family's purse.

t

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

So maybe the guy was one of those sickos who gets off on making someone else suffer. Like that BK killer in OK.

• talesin
    talesin

I don't know about the BK killer? But it could be... he didn't say anything for the first couple of years, just heavy breathing. Then, he started to describe what he wanted to do in a clear, calm voice. It was incredibly creepy, and I would just hang up, and not give him a 'rise'. I listened the first time, and then said "Well, now I have listened to your sick fantasies, I want to tell YOU that I will KILL YOU before you ever rape me. Be warned, I will be waiting for you!" , and then hung up. After that, I just hung up, hung up,,, except when I was tracing him, and kept him on the line. I was soooo pissed off that the phone wasn't in his name when we traced it!

If I ever find out who he is, I will have him beaten severely. Nothing life-threatening, mind you, just___very___PAINFUL.

t

• Gill
    Gill

Bloody Hell!!!

What a crazy world!

I'm certainly glad I don't live in the US, with the threat of instant death from a gun! I'd like to know that I'd get at least a fighting chance should someone have it in for me!

(((((Lady Lee)))))So sorry to read your story!

144001 !!! Hey! It doesn't for one moment surprise me that you'd 'sort out' any one who tried to bother you!!

What's with this turn the other cheek crap, anyway?

Talesin - What a terrible, scary story! I'm glad you're all right! I think I'd have invested in a gun my self, if I were you!

Wanderlustguy! I hope you've heard from the police by now! Take care of yourself! And get down to that gym!!

Good luck friend.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

must be the NC water.

Whoa. Trouble for Richie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit