Are JW's Self-righteous?

by Honesty 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

A good friend who is a police officer told me last night that he believes a lot of the JW's he has met through the years in his line of work are extremely self-righteous. I didn't have much of a reply but it did get me thinking about what he said. So, what do you guys think?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

How could you not be self-righteous if you think everyone who isn't in your group is destined to become worm food any day now.....

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Well, do bears crap in the woods? Sorry, you hit a sore spot with me because my brother no longer talks to me because of his own self-righteousness. It is fundamental characteristic of the JW-cult I’m afraid. Almost every publication of the "SLAVE" promotes the idea that JW’s are better than anyone else on earth!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

They do not heed the scripture that says, do not be righteous over much, why is it that you should die before your time????

Blueblades

• upside/down
    upside/down
    It is fundamental characteristic of the JW-cult

For the most part... the Dubs are people that would be NOBODY...if they weren't a Dub.

There are a few "alpha" Dubs that would make it anywhere...but they're by FAR the minority.

I've never seen ANY organization systematically use INFERIOR quality people for almost every position of responsibility.

u/d(of the was NEVER a self-righteous Dub..class)

****that's why I'm shunned!****

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Too f-----g right they are especially our presiding overseer and his family and thinking about it - all the body and their families

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

When I read this title, I scurried on in to write what I discovered cyberguy wrote!

• prophecor
    prophecor

I know I was. How could anyone stand up against my GOD? It was a thing of power to know there was no one or thing that could stand up to my God. My God was the biggest god on the playground. Though I still believe in the all mighty, I no longer hold myself down to the beliefs as taught from the WTBTS perspective.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

You seem somewhat surprised at this Honesty?

I have never been a JW and perhaps my views might be taken in the same objective way as the Cop's view.

Ya they are self rightious but I don't find JWs to be any more self rightious than many other Christian Fundamentalists who believe they have the exclusive path to God and salvation.

• Been there
    Been there

Is the Pope Catholic? Sorry just had to say that.

I have a JW Aunt that cornered the market on Self-righteous.

Good replies upside/down and Happy Guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit