Are JW's Self-righteous?

by Honesty 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Pole
    Pole

Leolaia,
    ::How could you not be self-righteous if you think everyone who isn't in your group is destined to become worm food any day now.....
    Ah, you mean bird food?
    Honesty,
    As a Jehovah's Witness you are constantly taught that you are being served spiritual food from God's sole channel of communication with mankind. That's why JWs consider themselves the best blood treatment experts in the world even if they have no medical background, and the best child-abuse cases and mental problems experts even if they have no training in psychology.
    I mean, at least until recently, elders believed two paragraphs of information published in their manuals and some WTs would allow them to deal with reported child abuse cases much better than if they contacted the authorities and called in "worldly" experts.
    Pole

• Ellie
    Ellie

Erm.........yes

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Well, it's easy to be when you KNOW you're right and everyone else is wrong and going to die because they are wrong.

Kwin

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Very self righteous IMO, they like nothing more than to advocate how 'christian' they are.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I never gave it a lot of thought during the 15 years I was being spiritually poisoned to death but after a lot of reflection on the matter I had to have been one self righteous bastard because I can still remember the Dub Smirk I used to have on my face and that warm fuzzy feeling after I had shot down some innocent person's dreams about the real paradise with the apostate WTBTS version of it while I was arguing with them at their door on their property. No wonder the dubs feel like they are being persecuted when they spread that blasphemous crap up and down the highways and byways of the world.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I never gave it a lot of thought during the 15 years i was being spiritually poisoned to death...........neither did I Honesty during my 9 years of preaching crap, and that's the problem - as dubs we were so conditioned to believe this bullshit that telling others about it made us feel good, a job well done. Thank God i got out when I did

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Thank God i got out when I did... dedpoet

How could we have been so stupid?

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

How could we have been so stupid...... that's something I ponder on often, Honesty. But dubs can be very persuasive, especialy if you are a bit vulnerable, as I was when they contacted me - I'd just seen the end of a long relationship with someone I thought I might marry, and a few days later came the knock on the door. Also, when you preach you don't know its a lie, you find that out later, when you come to your senses and escape.

• carla
    carla

In short, yes. Is it possible they act self righteous but inside they are scared shitless? Maybe they didn't do enough today? Maybe I will be destroyed. So they keep acting as if they are above everybody else in hopes that it may be true. So the dub smirk stays on their face as they wipe the dust from their shoes after speaking to you. carla

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I saw that smirk a lot when I first left, the if you don't come back you will die at armageddon look, but we'll be fine, we're still hanging in there. Now I'm da they don't look at me at all, but I bet some of em envy me in secret. I just hope I'm still around to see the self - righteous smirk wiped off all their faces

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit