What's your favorite holiday?

by Princess 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess
    Your favorite kid Stanley is pretty cool and quiet. Let him take care of the others ;)

I haven't seen that boy since June. I think he's hiding and resting from his travels.

Gay Pride....I can dress up in assless chaps, rainbow wig, and be silly.

I hadn't considered wearing assless chaps. Of course, I haven't been to Gay Pride celebrations either. Sounds like fun.

2nd Fav as you can guess is Halloween.

I'm going to be Wonder Woman this year.

Thanksgiving is the best, stuff yourself to the gills, football all day, and three days to digest without all of the running around and hoopla that goes with Christmas (though Christmas is a close second).

Yeah, I love Thanksgiving too. However, Seattle Marathon is that Sunday so I can't stuff myself. Last year I made an extra pumpkin pie so I could eat as much as I wanted after the marathon.

Samhain

Right on I do love all the holidays ('cept Easter...I have to draw the line somewhere and Easter is it) but right now, Labor Day rules.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Christmas. A time to get together with family, get drunk, and get gifts :)

That's only the half of it though... I get to spend a lot of money on my kids and see the smiles on their faces.

FMZ

• delilah
    delilah

CHRISTMAS, of course!!!!! I love to decorate EVERYTHING......I love the cold, the fresh air, the first snowfall....wrapping the gifts, and giving them to those I love, seeing their happy smiles...

Delilah

• prophesariah
    prophesariah

Christmas- that's the only time during the year a good part of the family gathers together- at my mom's house. We drink (an uncle makes daiquari's) , dine (everyone brings a dish) , watch a ball game, exchange gifts, converse, & eat dessert. After we clean-up we play some games and share copies of e-mailed jokes (thanks to an aunt ) .

• anewme
    anewme

Its so much fun and a relief to enjoy the holidays again and to feel a connection with our surrounding community and the whole world again on a certain day!

There is a definite emotional benefit from the sharing of the spirit of a day with your neighbors, work associates, family and community.

We as an EXJW community have alot to share in our communities and a newfound voice for freedom for all.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Halloween and New Year's Eve

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Christmas is my favorite. Family, gifts, laughs, celebration, drinks, feasting, feasting... did I mention feasting?

• Princess
    Princess

mmmmmmmmmmmm..............feasting.................

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

LOL. I still remember Steve enjoying those dinner rolls at the BBQ apostofest. "Man, did you taste those rolls??!!! I could have eaten three plates of those!!!."

regards,

Jer

Sleepy but it's got to be Whataburger Class

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Now I say "Labor Day". They are puzzled. "What happens on Labor Day?"

Nothing. It's the day before school starts and that makes me so happy.

You are soooooo bad, and so much like your mother.

I like Thanksgiving and Christmas the best................actually the day after Thanksgiving, and the days leading up to Christmas. Is that weird?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit