What's your favorite holiday?

by Princess 25 Replies latest jw friends

• FMZ
    FMZ

(off topic) Megs... I still think the ultimate munchie food (against all odds) is the soup / rice recipe Liz made. I couldn't get enough of it. They even made it for me last time I came down to visit, was just as awesome.

(/off topic)

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

The Catholic School Girl/Liz can cook. No doubt about it. The woman makes a mean tamale. I didn't get to taste the dish you mentioned but hopefully at the next fest...

• bebu
    bebu

Probably my favorite is Christmas. We don't try and travel on that day to visit relatives, so after all the present-opening carnage of the morning, we play and relax all day. And I cook something like rib roast. We have Christmas dinners with relatives on both sides of the family, on different days, so we really drag this holiday out.

Princess, do you remember one of the Staples commercial of last year?... The sullen children boarding school buses, the grave parents waving to the kids as the bus departs (and forlorn looks from the bus's back window)... and, after the bus rounded the corner, all the parents began cheering and whooping wildly and giving high-fives? "Back to school days are here!" .... Anyway... That looked like me...

bebu

• Princess
    Princess
    LOL. I still remember Steve enjoying those dinner rolls at the BBQ apostofest. "Man, did you taste those rolls??!!! I could have eaten three plates of those!!!."

Yup, likes his bread.

Sleepy but it's got to be Whataburger Class

Well, duh.

Princess, do you remember one of the Staples commercial of last year?... ; The sullen children boarding school buses, the grave parents waving to the kids as the bus departs (and forlorn looks from the bus's back window)... and, after the bus rounded the corner, all the parents began cheering and whooping wildly and giving high-fives? ; "Back to school days are here!" ; .... Anyway... That looked like me... ;
    I do! One of my faves too! I have a bunch of friends at the kids school whose babies are finally starting kindergarten this year. Great excuse for a bit of a party!

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Songkran

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Easter is my favorite. I think because January and February is so hard on me with SAD. Easter just marks to me the beginning of Life, of Spring.

Christmas is WAY to stressful for me. Too much spending, too much eating, too much family. Ughs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit