What's your favorite holiday?

by Princess 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess

My kids occasionally ask me this. I usually respond "Christmas" because it's so cheerful and festive or "Halloween" because I'm always so touched at the kindness of my neighbors.

Now I say "Labor Day". They are puzzled. "What happens on Labor Day?"

Nothing. It's the day before school starts and that makes me so happy.

I love my kids but just one more fight and I'm going to lose it.

Enjoy your summer. School is just around the corner.

Rachel

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

Your favorite kid Stanley is pretty cool and quiet. Let him take care of the others ;)

• Purza
    Purza
    Enjoy your summer. School is just around the corner.

I think my favorite DAY is when my teenage daughter GOES BACK to school. LOL

I like b-days the best. I guess that really isn't a holiday, but it gives each member of the family a day to feel really special.

Purza

• Sassy
    Sassy

if my kids were little.. I'd say the same.. but my baby turns 21 this month..

I say Christmas.. mostly because I love to decorate.. and it is when I get to go home and share it with my dad and brother and sister.. something I missed out on all those years. I finally feel like part of the family.. and oddly enough loved more.

The only thing that would make it better.. would be if I had a bf that celebrated..

• not the administrator
  • ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Samhain

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Thanksgiving is the best, stuff yourself to the gills, football all day, and three days to digest without all of the running around and hoopla that goes with Christmas (though Christmas is a close second).

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Gay Pride....I can dress up in assless chaps, rainbow wig, and be silly.
    2nd Fav as you can guess is Halloween.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Thanksgiving cos we alwys get Friday as well as Thursday

• kazar
    kazar

Christmas. I love the cold weather and the feeling of good cheer that permeates the air.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit