To Joelbear With Love

by Maximus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess

((((((((((((((((((((((Joelbear)))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Joelbear,

I just started posting, but I've been reading your posts for awhile now and I can tell you're a loving, caring person that has a zest for life and you sound like a really fun person.

My hubby's name is Joel and he too is a bear and I just wanted to say "I understand the hairy bear thing, I'm hooked!" I can't help but think of your nickname when I see him with his shirt off. he he

You do so much good, don't let anyone get you down,

Anne

"Too much of a good thing, is wonderful."

Mae West

• think41self
    think41self

Max,

Thanks for starting this thread. You too are a kind soul.

Joel, I just have to agree with what so many have said to you already. When I was newly coming out of the borg, one of the last judgemental hang ups to go was about homosexuals. You with your kindness, compassion for others, empathy and love to share helped me see you and others, with ALL of our differences, as worthy human beings. To you that may not seem much, but I thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me to lose the last of my closed minded prejudices. That was a friendly kiss directed "at" you.

Tracy

• Commie Chris
    Commie Chris

Joel: I am quite new here. I don't know you, and I don't think you and I have ever posted in response to each other, but I have read some of your posts. I just wanted to say that you strike me as a very honest, decent man - someone I would like to have as a friend.

• wasasister
    wasasister

OK, I must add this:
    Recently, I ventured onto your personal web-page more out of curiosity than anything. I have, after all, lead a sheltered life.

Hon, it's too bad for us girls you're not interested in us. Not too bad for you, I hasten to add, just too bad for us. Ahhh well.

I've already posted in the other thread my opinion of you. Thanks again for the overwhelming compassion you demonstrate. You're one in a million, sweetie.

Wishing I had one of those bear-hugs...sigh,
    Wasa

• Anchor
    Anchor

In Jesus' day there were many who kept the Law, and who did everything just right.

The Master did not hang out with them. Instead he chose the marginalized.

Shocking how he dealt with that Samaritan woman at the well, wasn't it?
    And that Mary Magdalen. Dubs would tell you, I guess, that he needed someone to counsel in order to get his numbers up for the monthly field service report.

I'd hang out with you any day, Joel. I think you are the most honest person on this board. Thanks for setting that sterling example, and for sharing thoughts that have really caused me to begin understanding myself. Next step is to like myself. The organization told me for a very long time I was dirt.

-A

• Preston
    Preston

Hi Joel, again, I'd like to offer you thanks for helping me with my various struggles as well. I really appreciate your insight into a lot of things, not just homosexuality. There's a lot you have offered me and a lot of other people on the boards that has been very useful. Thanx!

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Maximus

You have got to be a shining example of just how far down one can fall after once having been a PO, CO, and a DO. It's one thing to praise a person for praiseworthy attributes such as kindness shown to others. It's quite another thing to make an irreconcilable, incorrigible homosexual your respected friend. I truly fear for your welfare, when it comes to how God himself must view you.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((Joelbear))))

You are really one of my favorite people on this board! I love your compassion, wisdom, and forthrightness. Characteristics I try hard to emulate in my own life. Many would do well to follow in your footsteps. You are a shining star amongst this board!

Your friend,

Billygoat

Yadirf,

This is the first negative post I've made directed at a person. But what would God Jehovah think of your intolerance and unkindness? Aren't we to be kind to all men no matter what they're background and lifestyle? How would Jesus Christ treat Joelbear? I cannot imagine him saying to Maximus what you just posted. Can you actually believe that Christ would be that cruel??? I can imagine nothing but kindness and love coming from Christ to Joel. His character is something to be proud of and followed by others!!!

It is people like you that make Christianity look so hypocritical. I'm embarassed to be lumped in the same category as you.

Billygoat

• ladonna
    ladonna

Joelbear,

I always enjoy reading your posts. They are always so full of warmth and kindness.
    I have never once seen a judgmental post written by you towards anyone.
    When I first came on this board I emailed you privately about something and the reply I received was so kind; just the type of kindness I have come to see in your posts all the time.

I don't give a damn about your personal life Joelbear, I just wish you happiness the same as I wish to all living things be it man, woman, beast or tree.

I just wanted to let you know that I also care about you and appreciate you for what you are.....the same as I or any other human being.

Ana ((((Hugs))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit