To Joelbear With Love

by Maximus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Maximus
    Maximus

Joel, I want you to know I can think of no other poster who shows as much humanity, as much compassion and insight as you, particularly when it comes to the human condition.

Thank you for sharing yourself and your journey so openly; I'm grateful for that. You obviously have picked up many helpful tools in your recovery toolkit, and when you not only share them with us but show how to use them, how they can benefit us, we are the richer.

I need not say more, than that you are loved very much.

Maximus
    Who once in a while learns from Joel a leeeetle more than he needed to, but what else is new?

• riz
    riz

I love you too, Joelbear. Your goodness radiates through your posts. You are a shining example of humankind.

riz

• Mulan
    Mulan

Me too. Love you joel.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• teejay
    teejay

Ditto, Joel. You're way cool with me. I don't understand the hairy-bear thing, but hey, to each his own, live and let live and all that.

peace,
    tj

• joelbear
    joelbear

Maximus,

I appreciate your kind words very very much.

I need all the help I can get to recover. I spent most of the last part of July in a very black place. Those nights when I can only get to sleep by fantasizing about suicide.

Its a difficult journey, this thing we call life and its tougher still with no family to help you over the tough spots.

My crime is a simple one. I must be loved for the person I am, warts, wrinkles and weird ideas all thrown into one bundle.

I've always been the odd one, even before the homosexual thing. Goodness, even most of my gay friends think I am a true nut.

Hmmmmm. A big hairy homosexual naturist who likes to sit around and listen to Jimmy Buffett music, watch the Simpsons and talk about philosophy. Thank goodness I found the other one (my partner Mitch) who likes to do the same thing.

thankful hugs

Joel

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((((((((joelybear type hugs))))))))))))) I concur with max! I've seen nothing but love and tolerance from you Joel.I'm sorry it isn't extended to you at times. But then consider the source,pay it no mins. We love you,tina

• bigboi
    bigboi

Joel:

All for you dude.

ONE.....

bigboi

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Joel, I always think of the kind words that you offered me during an emotional day I was having. You are a good man, a better man than me. I have much respect for you.

hetero hugs (lol)
    SlayerLayer

• Eusebius Hieronymus
    Eusebius Hieronymus

Someone shared with me William Styron's book "Visible Darkness," in which the famed author describes his own terrifying bleak experiences with depression and being in that same dark place you describe, Joel. He notes "I've been touched by the wings of madness."

It gets better. I know.

We all know you don't need this thread, but it is we who need to reflect the same gentle humanity and compassion you have so graciously shone on us.

Holding hands with you in the dark,

• joelbear
    joelbear

I wouldn't say I don't need this thread. I need all the positive energy I can get and believe me, I am thankful for it.

I will sleep more peacefully tonight having been touched by just these few positive comments.

deeply appreciative hugs

Joel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit