named Unbaptized Publisher at the meeting last night...............

by Buck 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Buck
    Buck

last nite they announced I was an unbaptized publisher. Everyone clapped and there was much congratulations from everyone after it was over. My girlfriend has never been happier.

I guess now everyone is looking for more things out of me?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Buck, you have my condolences.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Can you spell OWNED?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I guess now everyone is looking for more things out of me?

You will be expected to get baptized soon. Then they really tighten the screws.

W

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Admit it. It felt special. One step closer to Jehovah.

• luna2
    luna2

You will probably have a period of time when all that is expected is to see you out in the door to door work occassionally and present at a majority of the meetings. Soon they will be looking for spiffy commentary during the bookstudy and Watchtower study...this is easy as they don't really want anything but a rephrasing of the answers in the paragraphs.

It really depends on the elders and others in the congregation, as well as your girlfriend, as to how much pressure you get to take the next step and how soon. I'm sure that if you are thinking marriage, the g/f will expect baptism first. I'd drag it out as long as you possibly can.

JMO, but you are walking a tightrope without a net. It can be done, but odds are you will fall and break something. Good luck to you.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    last nite they announced I was an unbaptized publisher.

Well, that was a dumb thing to do.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Run for your life Buck... RUN!!!

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

The first step on the road to slavery

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Now you can join the ministry school if you haven't already and now it won't be long before you will baptized. I assume that is your goal; or is it to win over your g/f?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit