What funny "Saying" do you sometimes use?

by JH 49 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Here in Quebec, one funny expression people say is "Donne a manger a un cochon, et il viendra chier sur ton perron"

Word for word in english this would mean: Feed a pig, and he will shit on your porch.

In other words, sometimes you try to be nice to people, and they don't always try to be nice to you in return.

What funny saying do you say?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

wife is from montreal, and now i say:

Sacre Bleu!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Word for word in english this would mean: Feed a pig, and he will shit on your porch.

I don't have any favorite sayings, but I may adopt this one. It's SO true!

W

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I always say "If in doubt, throw it out" when cleaning out the fridge....

• lola28
    lola28

This one I got from Judge Judy...." Don't pee on my leg and tell me its raining" Icky but funny at the same time.

• talesin
    talesin

JH

The English version of that is "No good deed goes unpunished".

I like to say, 'curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought her back'.

Cause I'm cuious, and sometimes it gets me into trouble.

t

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

When I spell out a bunch of stuff for people - my name for instance - I often end with M. O. U. S. E.! It usually gets a chuckle, but then, I'm dating myself and younger folk don't get it.

With my butchered spanglish, I often say Hasta Huevos! Until Eggs, until a mexican friend told me that Huevos is a term that is often used in place of cojones. I wondered why I got insulted lookes in Mexico! D'oh. I think I'll change it to Hasta Queso!

I like silliness. It helps break the day-to-day hubbub and intensity, and brings a smile.

One day years ago when $2 bills were more common, I used to save them by folding them up and put them in my wallet incase of an emergency. One day I found myself at the checkout in a grocery without a check and without cash! I'm standing there unfolding $2 bills, realized it was Tuesday, and told the clerk, "its Twosday" which pronounces the same. She said yes, it's Tuesday. I said It sure is Twosday! Then she took my $2 bills, looked at them, looked at me, and burst out laughing! "Its Twosday!" she exclaimed.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

"an opinion is like an a**hole ... Everybody has one !

twosday - ROFL! brenda

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

"Slicker than a custard covered smelt"

"Can't swing a dead cat without hitting a [fill in the blank]"

• daystar
    daystar

"I always come from behind."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit