Long-Time Bethelites Organizing To Leave Headquarters!

by bjc2read 42 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

All I did was click the users i.d. history, on right side of the ebay page. Seems the 144,000 i.d. was used before the designersapparel i.d.

sKally

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

Below is the most recent in a lengthy exchange between the elderly Bethel brother who arranged for the setting up and hosting of WatchtowerFarm.Org and an initially-suspicious inquirer.

The entire exchange that precedes it is heartbreakingly illuminating as regards the tragic plight of elderly Bethelites who've devoted their lives to the WBTS and should, imo, be disseminated far and wide. Although the Bethel brother has left it up to his inquirer's judgement as to whether or not to have me post it on this board, because I fear it might cause him and his wife and friends even more anguish and harrassment, I cannot conscientiously agree to do so, at least for the present.

I, on my own, however, have decided to post the following --against my better judgement and without having obtained permission of the participating parties. I may wind up regretting doing so, but, hopefully, it will staunch some of the sad damage being done.

AMNESIAN
    ---------------
    Inquirer:

Thank you Brother ________ for your [agreeing] to my request to post our exchange. Your words have touched me deeply and I thank you for sharing them with me. I do believe that they can have an impact on others if allowed to read them. You, understandably, are quite out of touch with the depth of disaffection and disillusionment that also afflicts Jehovah's Witnesses in general who are beyond the hallowed boundaries of Bethel properties.

Despite your own fearlessness, I do not think it wise for you, your wife and other older friends, at this stage in your lives and in your precarious circumstances, to incur the wrath of the WBTS leadership who has shown itself to be mercilessly vindictive toward those who disagree or merely question. For that reason I have considered it prudent to edit out your name and specific work on the farm you do, that is, with your permission.

Please take your time and review the following. If it meets with your approval, let me know and I will have it posted. If there are changes you wish to be made, feel free to indicate them. Although you apparently do not realize it, what you have written is of the utmost interest (especially your last message regarding the foregoing of having children) to vast numbers of Jehovah's Witnesses and should be circulated. But, again, not at your peril and only with your permission, sir.

Do forgive my continuing to pester you.

With deepest respect.
    ---------------

WatchtowerFarm.Org:

Brother _______, it seems that the members of the Jehovah's Witness community or ex-Jehovah's Witnesses community are doggedly pursuing if we are genuine or not. Now someone has found the name and email address of the woman who helped us put up this website and she is being harrassed.

I have heard of people being curious, but that someone would go so far is beyond me.

As you know, we have very little money and to sell online is not cheap. You have to have a paypal account and even the website costs money each month. Besides that, every sale we make a percentage of that goes to the host website or some such entity. Anyway, this woman made arrangements with her daughter who lives in New York City for us to have a website of hers that she got cheap through eBay. She is paying the cost of the website each month and she is also paying for paypal and some other stuff. We are making less than $1.00 for each book sold, but we would surely reimburse her if we made any money to speak of.

Anyway, they are acusing her of being us. She is upset and does not know how to respond. I can't take this stress anymore and she certainly does not deserve this. She just tried to do us a favor. She offered it to us in the spirit of love and helpfulness and I cannot let her take abuse. I think it would be best if I just closed the website and put a stop to all of this.

I suppossed that witnesses are so used to being fooled that they think everyone is doing it.

We don't know where they found her name and email address, but it is just too much.

I will always remember your kindness, but I am just a tired old man who for a moment thought I had an idea to change my life. Oh, well......

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well I didn't write Margaret Runge. You think if maybe we remove her e-mail address from our threads and promise to lay off, we can let this brother sell his wares in peace?

The books are kewl. We could advertise for him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit