Long-Time Bethelites Organizing To Leave Headquarters!

by bjc2read 42 Replies latest jw friends

• gringojj
    gringojj

Guys I just went to the site it looks like the picture of the couple has been removed, along with the explanation.

• gringojj
    gringojj

I just looked at the history of the person who started this thread. he has made 46 posts in 3 years. In the past his posts have had stuff to do with the MDS and e-watchman. Does anyone know who the person is who started this thread? Could this person be behind it?

• gringojj
    gringojj

Okay I just got a reply back from the seller, but the reply came from a different name. The name he replied to me with has a long ebay histroy selling books, records, clothes, wierd stuff. This person advertised the book under a newly created account that has only one sale in history. Thats just odd.
    The seller said the publisher of the book is infinity publishing company of new york. Here is the listing description for the book. check this out.

This is a reprint of the original book written by MARIA RUSSELL, the wife of CHARLES TAZE RUSSELL.

MARIA RUSSELL was quite a rebel in her time and a zealous advocate of the rights of women. This book was originally published in 1906 and even at that time she championed a woman's right to be more than a household servant to her husband and children.

She also felt that women should be given greater responsibility in the Christian congregation.

She used THE TWAIN ONE as the platform to expound her views and used the Bible to back up her belief in the eqality of men and women. This book is a must read for Jehovah's Witnesses, Bible Students and all those who believe in the inherent equality of men and women.

This is a non-smoking environment.

Thank you for looking.

Whats up with that?

• gringojj
  • Kenneson
    Kenneson

"The Twain One" and "This Gospel of the Kingdom" are authentic. They were both written by Maria Russell in 1906. Check it out at

http://www.freeminds.org/sales/wtpubs.htm

Right after "Early Writings" you will find "General Books." Scroll down to 1906.

Apparently the books being offered are re-prints.

The book on elders sounds like a parody. I could have sworn that earlier I saw the name of the author, but now it doesn't show. If my memory serves me correctly it was John Meyers or Myers. Does anyone know anything about this author?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What exactly is going on here?

Are some of you looking to go on a witch hunt or something?

How many of the critics who have posted here have examined any of this person's work?

SO WHAT if it is someone at WTFARM? We all know what the WT pension plan is.

I can't figure out what the bone of contention is. Is it jealosy?

• gringojj
    gringojj

No witch hunt here either I am just curious.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

No critic here. It's the researcher in me. Someone offers the Jehovah's Witness community rare books claimed to be from the Bethel Library that are being re-printed. Sounds like they are Jehovah's Witnesses, doesn't it? But the books they offer are "suspect" to Jehovah's Witnesses. Besides, the "How to Become an Elder" book did not come out of the Library, so, how does a "spoof" fit into the picture? Should we expect that no one will ask questions or wonder? Inquiring minds simply want to know. There need be no ulterior motives.

• sf
    sf

Clicking on the users I.D.:

User IDEffective DateEnd Date
    dutchiesdesignerapparelJul-11-05Present
    onehundredfortyfourthousandMay-16-05Jul-11-05
  • gringojj
    gringojj

SF where did you get that from and what does it mean?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit