Hug your loved ones NOW . . .

by pennycandy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

We trudge along in our little lives, worrying about bills and disagreeing about who should put away the laundry, then WHAMMO!!! The love of your life can be gone in an instant.

We returned from a weekend trip visiting family and suddenly my husband was vomiting blood, lots of it. He was in the ER within 30 minutes and in the ICU in another 30 minutes. The cause was detected by endoscopy and he's now on the road to recovery. What bowls you over is the speed in which your stable, boring life can be turned upside down.

Sunday my hubby and I were sloshing through mud puddles on a 4-wheeler. I remember kissing the back of his neck and he kissed my hand which was around his waist; I was thinking how happy I am and how lucky I am to have him.

Just hours later he's curled up in a hospital bed, looking especially pale against the blood that's smeared everywhere. My big strong, vital man so quickly turned helpless and feeble. I spent the hours either watching his chest rise and fall, or resting my cheek on his forehead. Seeing his signs of life and feeling the warmth of his skin helped invalidate the images of death that were hard to keep out of my head.

I know in the days to come we'll still worry about bills and argue about mundane things, but for now I'm savoring every minute of his presence on earth with me NOW.

Time and unforseen occurances befall us all. Don't take your loved ones for granted! Appreciate them now! Don't wait until a brush with death to be tickled pink you can hold their hand or kiss their cheek.

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Pennycandy((((((((HUGS))))))) I'm so glad that your husband will get well. What a scary thing to happen!

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Pennycandy- Im so sorry to hear what you have been thru. I wish your hubby all the best on his road to recovery, and to you for coping. Im lucky enough to never have been in a situation like that, but I try best not to take this life for granted and make the most of my time with the ones i love. Its stories like yours that remind me why i should carry on doing that.

Thank you and best wishes.

PaulJ

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

OMG, thanks for sharing this, we all need to treasure each day, moment with those we love. I wish you and especially your hubby well,

AuntieJane, cancer survivor.

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. This isn't actually new to us. He went through a year of cancer treatment a couple years ago. I've seen him in very ill health before, but it's just as scary each time it happens.

Auntie Jane, I hope your family is giving you lots of thankful hugs. Thank you.

• anewme
    anewme

Thankyou PennyCandy, I will think of your story all day. My new husband has the day off and I will give him hugs and kisses all day. The life of our loved ones is sooooooooooo precious.

• kls
    kls

Wow Penny , you two have had some rough times (((( hugs to you both )))) that things will stay better from here .

• orion
    orion

Thank you so much for the reminder. I think we all have had some kind of tragedy happen in our life and its nice to know we're not alone and to be reminded how precous life is and how quickly it can be taken away. I lost my baby brother when I was very young (he drown at 10 months old) I hug my babies everyday, I don't know how mym mom got through it but I know how quickly accidents can happen.

(((((((((((to all))))))))))))

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

(((Pennycandy and family)))) Heal well and quickly!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

After I got back from seeing my sister after she lost her baby I hugged my kids a little more tightly and kissed them more often. I guess we all tend to take our loved ones for granted.

Hugs ((((pennycandy and hubby))))

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit