Jesus came to inspect the churches in 1918 - Where does the Bible say THAT?

by VM44 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower says that Jesus came to inspect all the churches in 1918/19 and then chose The Bible Students to be his chosen ones.

What I want to know is, where does the Bible say that Jesus was going to do any inspection at all? Let alone a special inspection in the year 1918!

This "inspection", upon which The Watchtower obtains ALL of its authority, sounds like something added to the Bible! and if it is not in the Bible, how do they know it happened

--VM44

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Hmmm good question and as far more eloquent People than me have said ,in 1918 the Bible students still:

Believed in Trinity,immortality of the soul and hellfire.

were willing to do medical work in WW1..thus going against neutrality issues.

Celebrated Xmas and Birthdays.

Remind me again what the differance was between Bible students in 1918 and mainstream Christendom?Lol

• blondie
    blondie

First, the WTS establishes 1914 as the year the kingdom was set up and Jesus installed as king. The following was the only direct reference to the so-called scriptural reason on the CD and it is a footnote. Normally, there is no such explanation whenever the WTS mentions this inspection period. It was a big topic though in most of Rutherford's books.

Revelation Climax book (1988) chap. 6 p. 32 Unlocking a Sacred Secret

A

Time of Testing and Judging
    Jesus was baptized and anointed as King-Designate at the Jordan River about October 29 C.E. Three and a half years later, in 33 C.E., he came to Jerusalem’s temple and threw out those who were making it a cave of robbers. There appears to be a parallel to this in the three-and-a-half-year period from Jesus’ ‘sitting down on his glorious throne’ in the heavens in October 1914 until his coming to inspect professed Christians as judgment began with the house of God. (Matthew 21:12, 13; 25:31-33; 1 Peter 4:17) Early in 1918 the Kingdom activity of Jehovah’s people met with great opposition. It was a time of testing earth wide, and fearful ones were sifted out. In May 1918 Christendom’s clergy instigated the imprisonment of officials of the Watch Tower Society, but nine months later these were released. Later, they were completely exonerated of the false charges against them. From 1919 the organization of God’s people, tried and refined, moved zealously forward to proclaim Jehovah’s Kingdom by Christ Jesus as the hope for mankind.—Malachi 3:1-3.
    As Jesus began his inspection in 1918, the clergy of Christendom no doubt received an adverse judgment. Not only had they raised up persecution against God’s people but they had also incurred heavy bloodguilt by supporting the contending nations during the first world war. (Revelation 18:21, 24) Those clergymen then placed their hope in the man-made League of Nations. Along with the entire world empire of false religion, Christendom had fallen completely from God’s favor by 1919.
  • coffee_black
    coffee_black

It's the old addage: Keep repeating it often enough, and it will become fact. Most jws don't take the time to look up the references... if the society says it then it must be true.

Coffee

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

The entire "inspection" by Jesus is speculation and delusions of grandeur that only the WTS (or Bible Students at that time) would make! All the claims that they have made and have taught as truth (TM) are yet to be backed up and proven. There are still older JWs online that I deal with, that swear all this is true, and continue to put their trust in goofy old men with extremely goofier doctrines.

I believed all that stuff when I was a JW and now I look back and wonder, "WHAT was I thinking? "

Annie

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Yeah and it only took the WT folks another 10 or 11 years to realize they were inspected and chosen to be God's Channel on earth! Up until 1929 they were teaching that Jesus took rule in 1874. They squeezed on one more false prophesy concerning 1925 after they were chosen and before they realized it and sat up and flied right!

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Up until 1929 they were teaching that Jesus took rule in 1884.

Hm, I think it was 1874, wasn`t it? Anyway, the doctrine change back then is very interesting, because the (biblical) math puzzle they used to get to 1874, is a completely different one than the one used to get to 1914. The 607-date only emerged after the WTBTS had decided that 1914 was a significant year! It`s interesting and funny that C.T.Russel believed to his death in 1916 that Armageddon had allready started in 1914 (as he said repeatedly in his books: 1914 is the end of the times of trouble, not the beginning). The war in Europe was Armageddon in action, in Russels eyes. Must have been very exciting for him, laying at home in his bed, gloating over "the kingdom to come", while young European men were slaughtered in the trenches in France and Belgium.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It is true because the society says so

• Honesty
    Honesty

Da Judge Rutherfraud came up with that WT lie.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Hellrider you are right. Pre-second coffee post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit