Why One "Inspired" Bible...but endless "literature" about it?

by upside/down 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I remember studying the "truth that leads...." book. It was easy (obviously not the truth). But every time they publish a book to substitute it as a study book they claim that this new one (3rd or 4th new replacement) will be even easier to bring people to the truth!

• VM44
    VM44

Garybuss, that is a great find!

I will put it alongside this favorite of mine.

*** km 12/93 p. 7 Sow Bountifully but With Discernment ***

We want to give deserving ones the opportunity to learn of Jehovah's undeserved kindness and the Kingdom hope.

--VM44

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Lord through his "faithful and wise servant" now states to us, "Let us cover our territory four times in six months."
    The Watchtower, July 1, 1943 p. 205

• M.J.
    M.J.

Someone posted this verse recently. Forgive me for not remembering who, but it's a great verse.

(Ecclesiastes 12:9-12, NWT) 9

And besides the fact that the congregator had become wise, he also taught the people knowledge continually, and he pondered and made a thorough search, that he might arrange many proverbs in order. 10 The congregator sought to find the delightful words and the writing of correct words of truth. 11 The words of the wise ones are like oxgoads, and just like nails driven in are those indulging in collections [of sentences]; they have been given from one shepherd. 12 As regards anything besides these, my son, take a warning: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion [to them] is wearisome to the flesh.

When I think of defending or standing up for someone, I tend to think of the poor and defenseless among us, not an all-powerful being, as needing an advocate.

The WTS even has this built into its doctrine: that God's name and right to rule needs to be "vindicated" by the fine folks known as Jehovah's Witnesses. ???

• Ticker
    Ticker

I think its alot like a computer that gets outdated in a year by software developers and computer manufacturers, to be able to create more revenue. Much the same with their study books which they replace every few years, creates alot of new revenue for the Watchtower publishing agency, and every R & F has to obtain at least three of them. Then think of all the new buzz created and the placements made by the sales team.(ie. door to door). They must make a killing in donations everytime a new book is released, nevermind all the mags each month.

Ticker

• upside/down
    upside/down
    They must make a killing in donations everytime a new book is released,

No one...of significance buys the Dub literature...or "donates" to the WWW...I pioneered for 5 years and served where the great were needed for 12...I'll bet I didn't get $30 the entire time...but I paid for all my product "literature"

Funny thing is...I was in sales for a LARGE insurance company during this time and did TONS of legit sales even being promoted to Div. Mgr.in charge of 3 states worth of sales....but couldn't "sell" the WTS crap if I gave it away!

The Dubs are like AVON ladies that have full-time jobs in addition to AVON...they buy their own product and THINK that sales are great....

WHAT A DILLUSION!!!

But we all knew this...

u/d (of the good at sales class)

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

As I understand it the book called the Bible is not inspired......yet scriptures, as we should understand it, the writtings are....

I have several bibles and in different languages. I use these to compare them with others. Basically most bibles agree with one another.Plus I have a copy of ,"new worlds translation of the holy scriptures, " and the, "Holy Quraan." Neither are the bible.

But then again to create a bible which means many smaller collections of scrolls collected as one book. There's the Santntic Bible," yet it's not called a bible by many religious bible readers...

My faith is based on Christ.....therefore my final authority is the Holy Bible.

These men of Christ's day..Matthew Mark, Luke, John, and Paul were Christ's follewers and were inspired,"God's breathed," by God to write and teach on Christ and who He was.

The jews knew Christ as a good Godly prophet....Those of the Qurann tell us that Christ was one of many of God's sons.

Yet it is told of us that we should put our faith in Christ....Even Elijah in 1 Kings 18:21, tell us to decide on God or Baal. It's all up to us.

So in other words when we say that the Bible is inspired this can be so....the translation? No. Peter tells us this....2 Peter 1:20, " knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation." Does the Watchtower have their own private translation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit