Why One "Inspired" Bible...but endless "literature" about it?

by upside/down 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• upside/down
    upside/down
    I don't think God or other Christians deserve to be ripped because of the irresponsible actions of one organization

Agreed...I rip them based on ALL the "organizations" that claim such...and their irresponsible actions...or lack thereof...

u/d (of the religion is a snare and a racket (especially "christian" religions)...class)

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    OR that Dog did a horrible job of writing his one and only book, considering that he is omnipotent and omniscient according to the book itself. LOL.

Well, he did not do much better in his second edition the koran, and his third edition the book of mormon is ever worse, so he is not really leaning from his mistakes, isn't he?

• upside/down
    upside/down

What about his fourth edition...the resplendent New World Translation?

u/d (of the the sequel is never as good class)

• Ticker
    Ticker
    So I take it "God" isn't "Green"...and he must hate trees

Like Gary said the Watchtower is a publishing empire and they produce countless amounts of rehashed literature because they have a steady consumer, namely the R and F. You could not even imagine the amount they make by continually pumping out new mags and books, especially when 6 million are guaranteed customers. Corporations especially publishing empires don't really care about trees or the environment, they only care about one thing the bottom line, which is the almighty dollar.

Ticker

• joelbear
    joelbear

because there is much money to be made.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Hey Finally-Free: Clyde and I have often commented about how the WT keeps referring to "new scrolls." We are trying to figure out where it says "new." The scripture simply says that "scrolls were opened." Maybe it means that we will finally understand the Bible. I'll tell you what! We've been studying the Bible for almost 50 years, and know less than we knew when we were teenagers. Everything we've learned from the WT is in serious doubt. They have lied to us so many times we don't know what to believe. If they told us it was raining outside, we'd have to go out and get drenched before we were sure.

• Terry
    Terry
    I don't think God or other Christians deserve to be ripped because of the irresponsible actions of one organization, an organization that we know is neither God's channel of communication or truly Christian.

Poor old God. He's such a victim.

If only He had some power to stand up for himself.

tsk tsk.

Remember, God is like the Billionaire's billionaire; he's got it all and then some. Why we waste time defending His interests is beyond me. Let him spend a little; our time is more valuable than his. After all, he's got eternity and we've got a very few years at best.

• rocketman
    rocketman
    Remember, God is like the Billionaire's billionaire; he's got it all and then some. Why we waste time defending His interests is beyond me. Let him spend a little; our time is more valuable than his. After all, he's got eternity and we've got a very few years at best.

Interesting point Terry. JWs (and other religions) speak of 'defending' God. My response is 'he's a big boy, let him defend himself'. People get various impressions about God from reading the Bible, and as I see it, it's not up to me to explain God to anyone.

When I think of defending or standing up for someone, I tend to think of the poor and defenseless among us, not an all-powerful being, as needing an advocate.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Why do the interpretations need interpretation...???

I could never answer that question.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Gotta keep the presses rolling and the $ coming in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit