Were You Ever "Proud" To Be A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

Arrogant in my own sought after self righteousness? Yes. Proud to be? I think Haughty would more aptly describe it.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Yes. Yes I was, because we believed good things, could explain them sensibly (this was back in the early seventies before the new-light-strobe picked up speed), were un-racist and looked forward to a paradise that Julia Butterfly Hill herself would envy.

Then I realized, twenty-three years later, that I had been gradually cheated out of the Golden Rule, and I left.

gently feral

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I didn't start with them until 5 years ago. During that time, I always felt proud whenever I was around witnesses. Other than that, I cringed everytime I had to explain why I wasn't celebrating something.

• Es
    Es

I was always proud to be a JW at the quick builds and conventions that was bout it. es

• garybuss
    garybuss

Were You Ever "Proud" To Be A Jehovah's Witness?
    Cool topic! Sometimes I wonder what was me and what was delivered, induced, inculcated . . . what was impressed on my mind by the frequent instruction and repetition used by the Jehovah's Witnesses on me.
    I don't really think I was actually proud. Oh, maybe when I was 7 or 8. I wanted to be proud, but it's hard to be proud when I'm not happy, and I wasn't happy as a Witness. It was too hard. The seats were too hard. The meetings were too long. I wanted to sleep in Saturday and Sunday mornings. The people were mean and the religion part didn't make sense.

• JH
    JH

No, I never was proud being a JW, because I always hated being different from others.

• Tez
    Tez

Yes I was proud to be a Jehovah's Witness. I felt I had a direction in life, I felt there was a hope for this world that I could share. Maybe it was disillusionment... but what has replaced it???

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

There was never reason for that.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Once when I went through an audit with the IRS.

See I really am honest.!

Oh, ... and Look, ...$$$ how much, $$$ I have been giving to the, $$$ ORG.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I was told to be proud.

The only time I truly felt proud was when I was baptised & then my cousins.

Otherwise it was just a thing. I told people because I just did

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit