Were You Ever "Proud" To Be A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
  • joelbear
    joelbear

i was proud while i was pioneering. i had a lot of bible studies. but it was also while pioneering and studying things deeply and observing witnesses conduct closely that my faith disappeared.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Until I was in Jr. High, then I hid it.

Kwin

• minimus
    minimus

Being young and impressionable, we were proud to be different. But now we are older and wiser, aren't we?

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Older and wiser? Hmm, that's a tough call .... definately older ... how about older and more independant ?

Kwin

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Never ever, from the first day in kindergarten when I had to go stand in the hall while they did the pledge I was never proud of it, always felt like a freak and did everything I could to hide it.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Only after some Rah! Rah! talk at an assembly, in my teens before I was allowed to sit where I wanted, and wander when I needed..... From 5th grade on there was something just not right about being one of Jehovah's Witnesses. The separatism and the abuses I suffered at school which my parents said were because I was a JW, in reality were because I was fat and white at a mostly black gradeschool and was beat up regularly. Just not right.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    Never ever, from the first day in kindergarten when I had to go stand in the hall while they did the pledge I was never proud of it, always felt like a freak and did everything I could to hide it.

Same here, except it was the National Anthem every Monday.

• undercover
    undercover

For about 10 minutes right after a District Convention many years ago I felt proud to be part of the organization...I got over it when I got to my car and put my books in the trunk so nobody would accidentally see them laying in the seat and think I was some religious freak.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I always hated it with a passion. In grade five my music teacher made me sit facing the classroom while the entire class sang some song about war. I had to just sit there and watch all my friends singing, and I felt like such a loser. I was totally miserable as a kid in that stupid cult.

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit