Insecure posters

by misguided 41 Replies latest watchtower medical

• trevor
    trevor

Misguided

Given what you have said it must have taken courage to start this thread. There is always more risk starting a thread because if it is ignored you feel rejected. I think this has the makings of a good thread.

I look back at my post history and realize that though there were a few good ones, 90% were complete rubbish. I console myself with the thought that I had fun at the time.

I would prefer the old posts were not kept on file for so long, then we could change direction without all the baggage of passed posts showing up to embarrass us. I think the important thing is to have fun and not worry what people think because you can’t please everybody.

There should be a warning to this site - Abbandon Ego All Who Post Here

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

The only times I have gone back to edit posts has been ones posted when under the influence and if I can;t make sense of them sober its not fair to expect you lot too either!

this is an ancient philosophy. i read a book by xenophon who describes the skythes (i believe) to take their decision exactly that way. either they decide something when drunk and if they still like it when sober, they accept it, or vice versa. good idea.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

thats interesting google - do you think i might come from a long line of ancient philosphers then, maybe? or a just a long line of hopeless drunks?

(Actually I have some very brilliant ideas when a little inebriated and some very unsound ideas when a lot inebriated.)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

yup been there done that....usually nowadays its because i start to write something then think i have said this before and now im just repeating myself...

and i know that some newer ones wont have heard it before but i think someone else will tell them or they can just look at my posting history if they want my opinion

oooooh get me

(still....doesnt happen very often....i like the sound of my own keyboard)

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

do you think i might come from a long line of ancient philosphers then, maybe? or a just a long line of hopeless drunks?

maybe both? ;-)

googlemagoogle (of the "drunk philosopher" class)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I feel free to express myself here.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Yes. I have a new rule, seeing I pissed off a multitude a few times, and another time was warned about the consequences of causing general insurrection - New Rule: I ask self, "self, did you have your day's meds?" Once an affirmative is received, I hit SUBMIT.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

"self, did you have tour day's meds?" and what exactly is a "tour day"?

• Pole
    Pole

Sometimes I do, especially when making a post or starting a new thread is likey to open Pandora's box and I suddently realize I won't have enough time to deal with the counter-arguments or when the discussion may upset some people without making them see my little point.

Pole

• daystar
    daystar
    "self, did you have tour day's meds?" and what exactly is a "tour day"?

I think that it's safe to assume that tour=your since the T and Y are so close on the keyboard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit