Insecure posters

by misguided 41 Replies latest watchtower medical

• misguided
    misguided

I wonder if it's just me, or if other posters are like this. Do any of you start to type a post, then hit the back button, or quit your post because your afraid of saying something stupid or "wrong," or reread some of your previous posts and wonder, what you were thinking when you posted it?

I find most people on this board more than willing to accept you for whatever you say in a post, but I still frequently shy away from hitting that 'submit post' button.

Rose (pushing the submit button before chickening out again)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes.

Sometimes the system helps me along. I figure if my long reply gets eaten, it's a sign.

The ones I second-guess the most are when I am angry.

• shera
    shera

O YES,I do it all the time! lol

• Midget-Sasquatch
  • Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Sometimes the system helps me along. I figure if my long reply gets eaten, it's a sign.

LOL - I've thought that before myself.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

I do too, but I wouldn't say I'm insecure. cj

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

yes. i sometimes delete quite huge posts, because i'm not sure if i really want to publish that. one reason is that i can't really express something the way i want to, another one is fear to tell too much about me and someone who knows me reads here... another one is that my post does not make sense at all.

hmmm... i should have deleted that post.

• daystar
    daystar

You have it right in that it's usually due to insecurity. The only time I tend to start a post and then cancel it is when I decide it is really not worth my time. I don't cancel a post because I'm afraid of consequences. You should be yourself, good, bad and everything in between.

• luna2
    luna2

There have been times when I think I have something to say about a topic only to get halfway through my reply and decide that I either don't have anything to say or that I can't express it properly, so I just hit the "back" button and get out.

Last week I was having quite a few of those moments. I seem to have periods of insecurity when everything I type appears stupid to me.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Nope I don;t even go back to edit my spelling errors - which are actually typing errors - unless my post is utterly unintelligible. The only times I have gone back to edit posts has been ones posted when under the influence and if I can;t make sense of them sober its not fair to expect you lot too either!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit