Premonition Dreams?

by Evanescence 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I used to dream about getting destroyed in Armagedon all the time. Not once in the past 9 months or so.

DY

• thom
    thom

rem,
    You're probably right that it could really be the mind associating things and ignoring the pieces that don't fit.
    I'm more open minded than I used to be that there "could" be something more than that to things, but still don't just ignore the logical explanations, as you point out.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Well, back in February, my 22-year-old daughter had moved out to live with friends and make her fortune. Shortly afterwards I had a long involved dream about it. While I was having elevated spiritual conversations with a goddess figure, my daughter – who looked and acted about seven – kept trying to interrupt and wedge herself into my place on the couch. I pushed her away, gently.

She wandered off to eat from a bowl of spinach salad which was sitting on the table beside her dad. She spat it out; I could see bright red dressing falling back into the serving bowl from her mouth. (At that point, she looked about 12.) I wondered if the tomatoes had gone bad. He accused her: “Did you just spit in the salad?” She cried, complaining: “The spinach was all foul and moron-y!” I sympathized with her: it was far from the first time she’d been jumped on for making a justified complaint. (She did an offensive thing for a perfectly good reason.)

According to the dream dictionary I was relying on at the time – http://www.wordiq.com/dream – the unexpectedly bad spinach foretells trouble; not money trouble, but social stress.

Sure enough, a few days later she called home, after two or three weeks of almost constant irritation and suffering, to tell her dad, "I'm drunk – and you know I HATE drinking. That's how bad I feel." She had moved out on the understanding that her friends would help her get into school and find work. None of that was happening because they had no time to help and she had no clue how to begin. Furthermore, she was sleeping in the living room – so at the same time she had no attention and no privacy. (Hmm, I just noticed that it was her dad, not me, who first became aware of her unhappiness!) She came home, and we're glad to have her back.

My daughter also gets premonitory headaches. When she gets a migraine that Aleve won't touch, she knows she's being warned of a preventable death. When she alerts everyone she knows, it goes away. Once or twice a friend of hers was in a serious accident just before the headache occurred.

The worst "death headache" of her life was on September 10, 2001.

gently feral

• Sirona
    Sirona

I had a friend describe the exact building where I had an interview. It wasn't an ordinary building either. We hadn't talked about that building. He just said one day "I had a dream about you and you were in a building that looked like...." Down to the number steps leading up to the door, the room in which I was interviewed etc. He "saw" me working for them. (Note: he lives hundreds of miles from where I went for the interview and isn't familiar with that city).

Months later, when I thought that job had fallen through, I got the job and I now work for that company.

Sirona

• fairchild
    fairchild

I was engaged once (well, twice, but I'm talking about the first time here). My fiancee died in a car accident a few months before our wedding. Then, shortly after he had passed away, one night I was in bed sleeping, and woke up in the middle of the night. He was standing by the end of my bed. I asked "is that really you?" And he answered "three more years". I asked him several questions, including what he meant by 3 more years. But he kept saying the same thing over and over again.. "Three more years". He even showed me 3 fingers to stress the importance. The next morning, I had no idea whether it had been a dream or reality. To this day, I still don't know. Of course, I couldn't forget about the three more years, and the date was carved into my mind. Three years later when that date arrived, I became very scared for some reason. But the day came and went and nothing ever happened.

• Sirona
    Sirona

What date was it, Fairchild?

Did that date mean anything to HIM?

Sirona

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

fairchild,

i'm sorry to hear about this. that must have been horrible. i can only imagine.

hope all is well.

TS

• Sirona
    Sirona

fairchild,

You may also find this of interest http://www.greatdreams.com/three/three.htm

Sirona

• Terry
    Terry

Sleep on it.

That means: think about it before hand; let it go into your subconscious and the answer will come out the other end of a good night's rest.

We process things consciously. We worry about them. We figure this way and that. We present ourselves with possible answers; possible scenarios. Out of the several test cases a decision often comes. Maybe even a great "new" idea will emerge full blown from a good night's rest.

How?

The processing goes on beneath the surface.

When we dream we often INCLUDE the processing of possible events on the back burner that have been pushed aside or worried over.

There is nothing unnatural or supernatural about a dream including such scenarios as might correspond with an event as predicted.

We can "predict" when the moon is full because somebody first thought about how it might be figured out.

And, don't forget "filtering".

If I predict nine things that don't happen and one BIG THING that does; which even will I focus on and which will I forget?

The Watchtower Society only ever got one little thing right: 1914 corresponded to SOMETHING that actually happened in the world: World War. The fact that it wasn't what was predicted has not dimmed their constant enthusiasm concerning their ability to foretell future events.

But, the details determine accuracy. The Watchtower flunks the details. It has been the ruin of many a poor boy.

T.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    What date was it, Fairchild?

Did that date mean anything to HIM?

It was January 12th, 1981. As far as I know, it had not been a special date to him, or to me. Three years later was January 12th, 1984. I lived in Tunesia at that time, and was making preparations to move back to Europe. I left Tunesia in March of 1984.

Tetra, don't worry, all is well. Although one never forgets, it feels like a lifetime ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit