Why 1914 is utterly true (and so is 607 B.C.E.)

by Terry 66 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Wow! One for my collection Terry

• lawrence
    lawrence

Terry-

Great piece of work! Wink, wink, nudge, nudge ... no need to change weekly, enough there for a thousand rehashes. Once again, excellent!

• Rod P
    Rod P

Omigod Terry!

I had to read your post in two shifts. I cracked up so bad I couldn't finish it, and had to spend some time cleaning half my egg salad sandwich off the wall. Good thing I had a glass of water close by or I would have choked to death.

You missed your calling as a stand-up comedian! Or maybe you've created a new genre, "the sit-down comedian". No wait, that was Shelly Berman.

I think I'm gonna frame that one, and read it every time I feel a depression coming on. ROFLMAO

You should think about doing a weekly installment. It'll be right alongside Blondie's "Comments You Won't Hear...." and Ozzie's Weekend Poll, I'm sure of it.

After a year or two you could turn it into a book. Then we'll send a copy to each of the JW's. About the time they are able to stop laughing, they will suddenly realize they no longer believe.

We'll call it "Terry's Transparency Treatment for Translating Tricky 'Truths' and Transcending Tortuous Tricksters with their Trifling Triviality, Truculant Tripe and Other Trappings."

Rod P.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Oh and speaking of revisions you might want to revise 1884 to 1874.

What an excellent summary. When you cut to the real heart of their arguments without all the flowery language, it's amazing how ridiculous the whole thing looks.

• Terry
    Terry
    We'll call it "Terry's Transparency Treatment for Translating Tricky 'Truths' and Transcending Tortuous Tricksters with their Trifling Triviality, Truculant Tripe and Other Trappings."

Rod P.

Suits me to a "T".

• Quentin
    Quentin

That was good...

• Pole
    Pole

Just one more comment, because there's a nice observation worth bringing up:

We won't indulge in charity activity, won't build schools or universities or hospitals. We'll do important things instead. Like what? Ummm, we'll sell the Awake! and Watchtower with all this "eager" stuff in it.

If you think of it, being a JW is such a huge and miserable waste of lifetime and human resources in general. You study WTS publications in order to be able to pledge allegiance to the worthless stuff they contain. Then you become a preacher of this eager stuff and train others to read and preach it. Both you and the new converts donate time and money to this world-wide work of printing the "eager" stuff, whose factual contents gets completely rehashed every 10-15 years or so.
    At the end of the day all of the "eager stuff" you bought when you were becoming a preacher of it turns out to be bullshit. And you know it not only because it was bullshit, but also because it is totally different from the current "eager stuff". So you are double-sure that the stuff you fell for originally was bs. But the new "eager stuff" is always good. And the old "eager stuff" is always bad. Remember that and you'll be living in a spiritual paradise. Remember that and thou shalt be saved for everlasting happiness.
    End of the post.
    Pole

• Terry
    Terry
    At the end of the day all of the "eager stuff" you bought when you were becoming a preacher of it turns out to be bullshit. And you know it not only because it was bullshit, but also because it is totally different from the current "eager stuff". So you are double-sure that the stuff you fell for originally was bs. But the new "eager stuff" is always good. And the old "eager stuff" is always bad. Remember that and you'll be living in a spiritual paradise. Remember that and thou shalt be saved for everlasting happiness.

Oh yes!

I use to meet once a week with my oldest friend, Johnny, who is still a JW (and the person who brought me in) and we'd discuss these matters.

Johnny always bragged about Jehovah's Witnesses being the ONLY religion that preached from door to door.

I finally asked him, "Does it matter what the content of all that door to door preaching is? Or, is it irrelevent?"

As you clearly state here, the content is worthless. The ACTUAL MESSEGE is garbled nonsense.

If you condense the Watchtower messege as succintly as possible it amounts to this:

"Do only what we tell you to do. God=Us."

Now that is a truly frightening messege, don't you think?

It has become all about THEM being the Governing Body and being faithful to THEM and listening to THEM and paying no attention to anybody who doesn't listen to THEM.

The mediator between God and man use to be Jesus Christ. Now there is a new mediator. It is the Brooklyn Hijackers called the Governing Body.

T.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

TERRY!I love the way you encapsulated with humor the whole sad affair of the past history of the society. I always read your topics and responses, good post.

Blueblades

• willyloman
    willyloman

Brilliant.

It's like the bumper sticker says: Jesus is coming. Look busy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit